maguired
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dear all,

I'm a primary teacher based in South East Asia, I am interested transitioning into Secondary, teaching GCSE's in particular. To help me prep that, I plan on taking IGCES for both Maths and English. I figure it's a good way to refresh my skills and get some insight into how the materials is taught.
Does anyone have any recommendations for any school / company that offer distance learning. ICS learning seem to be quite reasonable.

Grateful for any tips
David
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maguired)
Dear all,

I'm a primary teacher based in South East Asia, I am interested transitioning into Secondary, teaching GCSE's in particular. To help me prep that, I plan on taking IGCES for both Maths and English. I figure it's a good way to refresh my skills and get some insight into how the materials is taught.
Does anyone have any recommendations for any school / company that offer distance learning. ICS learning seem to be quite reasonable.

Grateful for any tips
David
Hey! Past papers are a good idea to do so you see and experience the exam your student will be taking. Teaching to the specification is also very helpful ( no-one likes teachers that don't teach course content! ). Past papers are really my only recommendation, since you don't need help learning the material. If you do, FreeScienceLessons on youtube is a life-saver if you wind up teaching science. Message me back if you need more help
maguired
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
Hey! Past papers are a good idea to do so you see and experience the exam your student will be taking. Teaching to the specification is also very helpful ( no-one likes teachers that don't teach course content! ). Past papers are really my only recommendation, since you don't need help learning the material. If you do, FreeScienceLessons on youtube is a life-saver if you wind up teaching science. Message me back if you need more help
Hi, thanks for the reply & advice.

Dave :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (88)
26.51%
England (110)
33.13%
Belgium (27)
8.13%
Germany (39)
11.75%
Spain (7)
2.11%