The Student Room Group

Jaw surgery for underbite

Hi, i had too many teeth taken out when I was about 6 and it caused me to have an underbite. It’s becoming really painful, hard to speak and eat. It also affects my confidence and my mental health is really bad because of it. It’s affected my mental health so much I’m just so self conscious of it, I don’t even want to leave the house. I avoid taking photos or anything. It’s put me behind in life because I don’t even want to leave the house. I have to constantly clench my jaw otherwise I’ll look even worse. It completely changed my face. But it’s not even about the appearance of it anymore, it’s genuinely really painful now, it’s gotten worse and worse as I’ve got older.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how I’d go about getting jaw surgery . My doctor said he referred me about 2 years ago but nothings happened. I’m wondering if he even did refer me.. also wondering if I’d be able to get it free?

I don’t know if I can wait any longer which sounds ungrateful but it’s that painful I have to take atleast 6 painkillers a day and it still hurts even then.

Anyone know any details on how I can get it done? Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest