Applying for Student Finance

Watch this thread
Raisa Ordace
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello!
I am currently in the process of applying for Student Finance in the UK. However, I have to certify my passport and the only professional from my country, Romania, that can do that is the public notary. My problem now is surrounding the certifier checklist that I also need to send alongside my certified passport. The public notary won't sign and put a stamp on that file, because such thing does not exist in our country, he can certify the passport, but he won't also complete the certifier checklist form. So I do not know what to do, because there is no other person who can certify the passport in my country.
I have come up with some solutions, but I do not know if they are manageable and approved:
1. Can I have my passport certified by the public notary, and the certifier checklist form by another person - for example a lawyer? Even though the signature and stamp won't be the same?
2. Can I just have my passport certified by the public notary and translate it, by an official translator, from my language, romanian, in which it will be signed my him, to english, therefore not having to complete the certifier checklist anymore? And just send in the certified passport and its translation?
I would really appreciate some help. Thank you!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Raisa Ordace)
Hello!
I am currently in the process of applying for Student Finance in the UK. However, I have to certify my passport and the only professional from my country, Romania, that can do that is the public notary. My problem now is surrounding the certifier checklist that I also need to send alongside my certified passport. The public notary won't sign and put a stamp on that file, because such thing does not exist in our country, he can certify the passport, but he won't also complete the certifier checklist form. So I do not know what to do, because there is no other person who can certify the passport in my country.
I have come up with some solutions, but I do not know if they are manageable and approved:
1. Can I have my passport certified by the public notary, and the certifier checklist form by another person - for example a lawyer? Even though the signature and stamp won't be the same?
2. Can I just have my passport certified by the public notary and translate it, by an official translator, from my language, romanian, in which it will be signed my him, to english, therefore not having to complete the certifier checklist anymore? And just send in the certified passport and its translation?
I would really appreciate some help. Thank you!
Hi Raisa, when does your course start and what is your status in the UK? Because we don't require EU students to send ID anymore if they have pre settled or settled status.
Thanks, Isaac
Raisa Ordace
Rep:
It starts in October, at the University of Essex. And I have a pre-settled status. From what I've seen on the form that I have to complete to get the student loan, it says that I need to send a passport, or National ID, or Birth Certificate. And I chose the passport. Should I just send the original document -passport?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It starts in October, at the University of Essex. And I have a pre-settled status. From what I've seen on the form that I have to complete to get the student loan, it says that I need to send a passport, or National ID, or Birth Certificate. And I chose the passport. Should I just send the original document -passport?
Are you applying for the Tuition Fee Loan only using the EU21N form or are you applying as a Migrant Worker using the PN1 form?
Thanks, Isaac
Raisa Ordace
Rep:
The EU21N, only for student finance full-time tuition fee.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The EU21N, only for student finance full-time tuition fee.
If you look at the top of page 29 it says:

"To prove your immigration status, you need to provide us with confirmation of your EU
Settlement Status award from the Home Office, and a share code. Go to
www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status to generate the code. Once generated, the
code will expire after 30 days. You should return your application form within 10 days of
generating the share code.
We will use your share code to confirm your identity with the Home Office. When you give
us your share code you do not need to send identity evidence unless it is required as proof
of relationship. We will still need identity evidence from your husband, wife, civil partner,
parent, step-parent, child or step-child."

So you don't need to provide ID as long as you input your share code on the form.
Thanks, Isaac
Raisa Ordace
Rep:
And how do i get the conformation of my status? I entered the site and only got the share code which I already wrote down on the EU21 form. What is that conformation?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
And how do i get the conformation of my status? I entered the site and only got the share code which I already wrote down on the EU21 form. What is that conformation?
All you need to do is write your share code on the form and send us the form, nothing else.
Thanks, Isaac
Raisa Ordace
Rep:
Ok. Thank you very much for the help!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you very much for the help!
You're welcome Glad to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.58%
The paper was reasonable (194)
48.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.13%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.55%

Watched Threads