maryannemarshall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for a BTC around 6 months ago. I'm on my final year of a BA Honours in Criminology and Law. I have been made a conditional offer on the basis I get a 2:2. Is this correct as I was under the impression I had to complete a GDL. Many thanks
Hirstlaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I'm aware the GDL is required if you have a non-law degree, as long as your Criminology and Law counts as a qualifying law degree (meaning you've done the required modules, not sure which ones off the top of my head) then you're able to apply and take the BTC!
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would check with your university - it sounds like you need to complete a GDL first but you will have exemption from some topics. A BA is not usually a qualifying law degree (Oxford being the exception).
maryannemarshall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you both for the quick reply. So even though I’ve been made an offer I should still check with the uni? I don’t really want to go through with it and then to be only wasting my time! Thank you
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely, it may be that the provider has just assumed that you have a qualifying law degree. A provider can usually provide a conversion course as well so if it turns out you don't have a qualifying law degree then just give them a call and see what they can do.

If you have to do a conversion course then it is worth doing it part time and getting a job that gives you experience for your pupillage application alongside because you won't have to do all of the modules on the course.
Blayze
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by maryannemarshall)
Thank you both for the quick reply. So even though I’ve been made an offer I should still check with the uni? I don’t really want to go through with it and then to be only wasting my time! Thank you
Worth checking. See this UWE course for example which is qualifying if you major in Law but seemingly not otherwise - https://courses.uwe.ac.uk/MM19/criminology-and-law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads