my gut feeling is telling me i firmed the wrong university.

Watch
sumgdytvn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I took a gap year and so I got an unconditional from the University of East Anglia and Royal Holloway. I felt like I fit in more in East Anglia and I really loved the city and the societies it has. While in Royal Holloway the modules were what i liked more, so I firmed it. Now I'm overthinking it and my gut is telling me that i should've chosen East Anglia and I would've been happy there. I cant change my place unless I go through clearing which is also scary. I don't know where I should go?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can ask ucas to change your firm choice within a fortnight i believe, although possibly only if you have an insurance choice which you don't

but either way, trust the facts not your gut. to be honest i think you should go to uea. module content isn't super important for most degrees as long as you make the most of it (so it depends what you're studying of couse). norwich is not as nice as egham, but its a lot cheaper and you say you like it so that should be all that matters
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sumgdytvn)
I took a gap year and so I got an unconditional from the University of East Anglia and Royal Holloway. I felt like I fit in more in East Anglia and I really loved the city and the societies it has. While in Royal Holloway the modules were what i liked more, so I firmed it. Now I'm overthinking it and my gut is telling me that i should've chosen East Anglia and I would've been happy there. I cant change my place unless I go through clearing which is also scary. I don't know where I should go?
You can change your replies by talking to ucas (and the universities concerned) up until mid July. There’s no need to wait or use clearing.

Ring ucas on Monday and they’ll be able to explain how it works and if you need to talk to either uea or rhul as well.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its perfectly normal to get a bit anxious about 'going to Uni' at this point - have I made the right course choice, the right Uni?
Thousands of other people will be thinking the same things right now.

Yes, UCAS can switch your Firm/Insurance at this stage, but just think carefully before you do it. Is it 'going to Uni' that is making you worry or is it really the specific Uni/course? Have a look at the relevant Campus films on YouTube and think about the reality of being at each Uni.
University of East Anglia UG Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sumgdytvn)
Hi sumgdytvn!

Please don't stress about this, as it's an issue that I'm sure happens a lot! I'm a current student at UEA in my final year and I've loved it here. Obviously I'm a bit biased but when I run campus tours and outreach, the main thing I always say is to go with what you feel and if you feel at home at UEA, then that's the better choice. A lot of people prioritise modules or the rankings over actual personal thoughts and it really doesn't matter! UEA is really flexible with modules, most schools and courses allow you to take modules from outside of that school, so it's really flexible!

I would speak to the admissions team on live chat about the issue and they should be able to help you out! I'm sure there's something we can do to help! https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/enquiries#chat-anchor - there's an option for live chat the bottom of the screen!

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads