The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Uni general - chat and FAQ

Hi and welcome!

Considering Teesside but have questions? We've got you covered!

From applying to interviews, facilities, courses and everything in between, pop your questions here and our team would love to help answer them for you.

Get posting!

Kate

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Teesside University
Hi and welcome!

From applying to interviews, facilities, courses and everything in between, pop your questions here and our team would love to help answer them for you.

Get posting!

Kate

Hi Kate,
I applied to a course at Teesside university since 19th April. I have not gotten any feedback since then. I’ve sent a couple mails which were not replied. It keeps saying they haven’t taken any decision on my application on the evision portal. It’s almost a month now. This is not encouraging at all
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Stephnx
Hi Kate,
I applied to a course at Teesside university since 19th April. I have not gotten any feedback since then. I’ve sent a couple mails which were not replied. It keeps saying they haven’t taken any decision on my application on the evision portal. It’s almost a month now. This is not encouraging at all

Hi Stephnx!

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can you please send a DM with your UCAS ID, full name, DOB and details of the course you have applied for and i'd be happy to look into this for you?

Thanks
Kate
Reply 3
Hi Stephnx!

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can you please send a DM with your UCAS ID, full name, DOB and details of the course you have applied for and i'd be happy to look into this for you?

Thanks
Kate

Okay
I Will send a DM to you now.
Thanks
Your step-by-step guide to enrolling at Teesside University

We know you might have some questions about the enrolment process, so we’ve gathered all the information you’ll need into one post so you’ll know exactly what you need to do once you get your offer! :smile:

If you accept your place at Teesside University and meet the conditions of your offer, you will have your place confirmed. At this point you will be invited to log on to our applicant portal to start your enrolment.

Step 1
LOGIN TOE-VISION.TEES.AC.UK
Check your inbox (and junk mail) for an email with your username and password. You will have received this email shortly after receiving your offer and accepting a place with us. If you can’t find IT, click on ‘Forgotten details’ or email [email protected] to ask for a reset.

Step 2
Register online
Click ‘Register online’ and answer all the questions on the form. If you don’t yet have a student support number, don’t worry, you can add this when you get it from the Student Loans Company or Student Finance England.

Step 3
Upload a photo
Click ‘Upload a photo’ the photo you upload will be printed on your Teesside University Student Card (TUSC). This allows you to access buildings on campus, use the printers, borrow books from the library. It can also be loaded with credit for the shops and cafes on campus

Step 4
Upload your ID
We need you to upload a form of ID, such as a passport or driving licence, so that we can confirm your identity and match this with your application. We will need to approve your ID so please give us a little time to do this.

Step 5
Blackboard is the University’s eLearning environment and includes learning materials, messages about your modules and is usually where you submit assignments and coursework. Click on ‘Access Blackboard’ which confirms you are engaging with content online. There might not be much on Blackboard until closer to term starting.

Step 6
View welcome web
Your enrolment should now be complete and you are ready to start your course. You should keep checking to see if you can view the ‘Welcome Web’ section for details of your induction and orientation. You will then be made a current student (within 48 to 72 hours of completing the above steps) and will be able to start your course.

Once you’re enrolled
You will only receive a letter of confirmation once the semester starts you can use for things like council tax and the Student Loans Company. The next time you log into the portal it will be your student portal (rather than applicant portal). Here you will see some new sections such as ‘My details’, ‘My courses’, ‘My results’. There are other sections on the portal that might be useful - applying for accommodation, a parking permit, arrange disability support.

MYTU
Download the My TU app from the Apple Store or Google Play for information about your course and timetable.

Safezone
You may also want to download the Safezone app. This allows us to see who is on campus, links to our security team and allows you to contact the team in case of an emergency.

Timetables
We know it can be difficult planning things when you aren’t sure how many days you will be on campus. Your full timetable will be available in August during welcome week, so don’t forget to download the My TU app and keep an eye out closer to the time.

If you would like an insight into how many days a week previous students have been on campus, send us a DM and we can find that information for you. You can also email our timetabling team at [email protected] and ask if they can send you a copy of last years timetable so you have an idea of how things may look.

Reading lists
While you are waiting to start university over the summer you may want to get a head start and prepare. You can find reading lists for your course on this website. Alternatively, if you would like us to put you in touch with your course leader, DM us with your name, course and contact details and we can do that for you!

We look forward to welcoming you to Teesside University.:smile:
Reply 5
Your step-by-step guide to enrolling at Teesside University

We know you might have some questions about the enrolment process, so we’ve gathered all the information you’ll need into one post so you’ll know exactly what you need to do once you get your offer! :smile:

If you accept your place at Teesside University and meet the conditions of your offer, you will have your place confirmed. At this point you will be invited to log on to our applicant portal to start your enrolment.

Step 1
LOGIN TOE-VISION.TEES.AC.UK
Check your inbox (and junk mail) for an email with your username and password. You will have received this email shortly after receiving your offer and accepting a place with us. If you can’t find IT, click on ‘Forgotten details’ or email [email protected] to ask for a reset.

Step 2
Register online
Click ‘Register online’ and answer all the questions on the form. If you don’t yet have a student support number, don’t worry, you can add this when you get it from the Student Loans Company or Student Finance England.

Step 3
Upload a photo
Click ‘Upload a photo’ the photo you upload will be printed on your Teesside University Student Card (TUSC). This allows you to access buildings on campus, use the printers, borrow books from the library. It can also be loaded with credit for the shops and cafes on campus

Step 4
Upload your ID
We need you to upload a form of ID, such as a passport or driving licence, so that we can confirm your identity and match this with your application. We will need to approve your ID so please give us a little time to do this.

Step 5
Blackboard is the University’s eLearning environment and includes learning materials, messages about your modules and is usually where you submit assignments and coursework. Click on ‘Access Blackboard’ which confirms you are engaging with content online. There might not be much on Blackboard until closer to term starting.

Step 6
View welcome web
Your enrolment should now be complete and you are ready to start your course. You should keep checking to see if you can view the ‘Welcome Web’ section for details of your induction and orientation. You will then be made a current student (within 48 to 72 hours of completing the above steps) and will be able to start your course.

Once you’re enrolled
You will only receive a letter of confirmation once the semester starts you can use for things like council tax and the Student Loans Company. The next time you log into the portal it will be your student portal (rather than applicant portal). Here you will see some new sections such as ‘My details’, ‘My courses’, ‘My results’. There are other sections on the portal that might be useful - applying for accommodation, a parking permit, arrange disability support.

MYTU
Download the My TU app from the Apple Store or Google Play for information about your course and timetable.

Safezone
You may also want to download the Safezone app. This allows us to see who is on campus, links to our security team and allows you to contact the team in case of an emergency.

Timetables
We know it can be difficult planning things when you aren’t sure how many days you will be on campus. Your full timetable will be available in August during welcome week, so don’t forget to download the My TU app and keep an eye out closer to the time.

If you would like an insight into how many days a week previous students have been on campus, send us a DM and we can find that information for you. You can also email our timetabling team at [email protected] and ask if they can send you a copy of last years timetable so you have an idea of how things may look.

Reading lists
While you are waiting to start university over the summer you may want to get a head start and prepare. You can find reading lists for your course on this website. Alternatively, if you would like us to put you in touch with your course leader, DM us with your name, course and contact details and we can do that for you!

We look forward to welcoming you to Teesside University.:smile:

Hi,

I applied for "Artificial Intelligence BSc (Hons) - Part Time" on 14th May 2021 and received unconditional offer from university on 17th May 2021 which I did accepted same day.

I have not received any email with login details for "TOE-VISION.TEES.AC.UK". It that normal?

Thanks

Regards

Amar
Original post by asbabrah
Hi,

I applied for "Artificial Intelligence BSc (Hons) - Part Time" on 14th May 2021 and received unconditional offer from university on 17th May 2021 which I did accepted same day.

I have not received any email with login details for "TOE-VISION.TEES.AC.UK". It that normal?

Thanks

Regards

Amar

Hi @asbabrah

That's great news on securing a place!

If you ring or email our IT department they will be able to resend your login details through for you:
[email protected]
01642 342220

There is some great info here on setting up your IT account https://extra.tees.ac.uk/HelpCentre/Pages/MyLogin.aspx

See you in September!

Kate
Reply 7
Hi @asbabrah

That's great news on securing a place!

If you ring or email our IT department they will be able to resend your login details through for you:
[email protected]
01642 342220

There is some great info here on setting up your IT account https://extra.tees.ac.uk/HelpCentre/Pages/MyLogin.aspx

See you in September!

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your prompt response, I have contacted IT and they are looking into my request.

Regards

Amar
Curious about the region and what Teesside has to offer?

Take a look at CuriosiTees to discover our hidden gems and why the North East of England is great place to study.

https://www.tees.ac.uk/docs/nobrowse/prospectus/UG_2021_curiositees.pdf

Any questions please pop them here!

Kate
Hi. I have been offered a place on the Creative Writing MA through distance learning and I have accepted the offer. However, I haven't been issued with any logins for the evision portal and have contacted IT and nearly every department you can think of but no one has been able to help. Is it too early for these to have been issued to me yet? I accepted the offer in early May. Thank you.
Original post by Kerrykirky
Hi. I have been offered a place on the Creative Writing MA through distance learning and I have accepted the offer. However, I haven't been issued with any logins for the evision portal and have contacted IT and nearly every department you can think of but no one has been able to help. Is it too early for these to have been issued to me yet? I accepted the offer in early May. Thank you.

Hi @Kerrykirky

Thanks for your message.

I'm going to look into this for you. Please can you send a DM to this page with your full name, dob, email address and applicant ID number?

Thanks
Kate
Hi,

I have an ‘Applicant Portal’ when I log in to E-Vision. It states my application for the course is successful, though there’s no option to upload a photo or ID etc. There’s a section on ‘Your offer’, a ‘Your Interview’ section stating when my interview was, an ‘Upload documents’ section though my understanding is that they have all documents needed at the moment - these were all sent via email rather than through here, and a little bit about the Teesside University Advance. Is this correct? Just want to make sure I’m doing everything right..!

I’ve been able to add my student support number under Personal details in a side bar so I’ve done that at least!
Original post by jadelouised
Hi,

I have an ‘Applicant Portal’ when I log in to E-Vision. It states my application for the course is successful, though there’s no option to upload a photo or ID etc. There’s a section on ‘Your offer’, a ‘Your Interview’ section stating when my interview was, an ‘Upload documents’ section though my understanding is that they have all documents needed at the moment - these were all sent via email rather than through here, and a little bit about the Teesside University Advance. Is this correct? Just want to make sure I’m doing everything right..!

I’ve been able to add my student support number under Personal details in a side bar so I’ve done that at least!

Hi @jadelouised

Thanks for your message!

In the next few weeks your applicant portal will change to your enrolment portal - this is when you will be able to upload your photo and ID :smile: this normally happens around August time - so just keep an eye on your e-vision account for when this change takes place.

Anything else we can help with pop your questions on here :smile:

Kate
Hi and welcome!

Get posting!

Kate

Hi Kate,

I'm hoping to apply for the January intake in Teesside university for my masters. I am from a country that does not speak English as the first language. I was wondering if you could let me know if I can apply to the university before taking my IELTS examination, and then upload my results once I receive a conditional offer.
Those considering Teesside University would have to think twice about that...the delay with CAS issuance is very frustrating...I no folks who get their CAS within one week from other universities, but Teesside is taking over 7 weeks and counting! totally wrong.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi!

Thanks for your post!

If you would like to email [email protected] and they will be able to advise on this.

Best of luck!

Kate

Original post by Anonymous
Hi Kate,

I'm hoping to apply for the January intake in Teesside university for my masters. I am from a country that does not speak English as the first language. I was wondering if you could let me know if I can apply to the university before taking my IELTS examination, and then upload my results once I receive a conditional offer.
Hi!

Thanks for your post!

If you would like to email [email protected] and they will be able to advise on this.

Best of luck!

Kate

Hi Kate,

I applied for MA Social Work January intake, I've gone through the interview and written test stages and passed but I'm still yet to hear back from admissions and it's been 4 weeks since the test. My applicant portal says I've passed all the checks so I'm wondering what could be the cause of the delay.
Original post by triciatalks
Hi Kate,

I applied for MA Social Work January intake, I've gone through the interview and written test stages and passed but I'm still yet to hear back from admissions and it's been 4 weeks since the test. My applicant portal says I've passed all the checks so I'm wondering what could be the cause of the delay.

Hi @triciatalks

Thanks for your message!

If you would like to email [email protected] they will be able to provide you with an update on your application.

As we are currently in confirmation and clearing the team are really busy with September starts, but will try and get back to you as quickly as possible.

Finger crossed for you! :smile:

Thanks
Kate
Hi @triciatalks

Thanks for your message!

If you would like to email [email protected] they will be able to provide you with an update on your application.

As we are currently in confirmation and clearing the team are really busy with September starts, but will try and get back to you as quickly as possible.

Finger crossed for you! :smile:

Thanks
Kate

Thanks Kate.

I just got my offer letter today. :h:
I've received my confirmation of offer letter and have submitted the mandatory questionnaire and bank documents as requested in the student portal. This was about 2 weeks ago and I've yet to receive a cas or instructions on the next step in the process. Now I cannot log into the student portal also as it says I can only log in on August 10th due to ucas embargo or something. I don't know why it should affect me as I'm logging in as a master's applicant. Please help Kate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending