The Student Room Group

John Locke Institute Summer School attendees 2021

thought it'd be cool to make a thread to talk about the summer school and what our interviews were like idk
Reply 1
my interview was on morality and whether it was innate or not, what was yours on?
is this thread for both summer schools or just PPE?
Reply 3
Original post by francesca89
is this thread for both summer schools or just PPE?

I'm going to the PPE one but the thread's for both
Original post by GenLeung
my interview was on morality and whether it was innate or not, what was yours on?

mine was on civil liberties within the context of lockdown and also the right to protest
Reply 5
Original post by GenLeung

I just had mine last night on anti natalism
Reply 6
mine was on performative activism and BLM, mostly political but Robin was super nice
I am happy I found this thread :smile: I have my interview in an hour and have no idea what I will be asked.
Original post by Melissd678
I am happy I found this thread :smile: I have my interview in an hour and have no idea what I will be asked.

How did it go?? I really want to apply last minute for Radley, but I’m so nervous about the interview..
Original post by aAnaaaaaa
How did it go?? I really want to apply last minute for Radley, but I’m so nervous about the interview..

The question I was asked was 'Be honest, what is a viewpoint you hold that your peers would be against? I will not judge you for it" He then asked me to define illness.
Reply 10
Original post by aAnaaaaaa

He asked me the same question as Melissd678, I think it's probably the one he's asking. Don't worry about the interview its a really fun and relaxed discussion
Reply 11
Hi everyone, I've been accepted to the PPE programme however due to Covid it doesn't seem likely I'll be able to attend. I've offered the option to deffer but I'm a bit unsure as to what to do. Anyone in the same boat?
Original post by ABc7899
Hi everyone, I've been accepted to the PPE programme however due to Covid it doesn't seem likely I'll be able to attend. I've offered the option to deffer but I'm a bit unsure as to what to do. Anyone in the same boat?

Congrats! When did you have your interview? I was told we would hear back after 2 weeks.
Reply 13
Congrats! When did you have your interview? I was told we would hear back after 2 weeks.

they told me three weeks after my interview
Reply 14
The question I was asked was 'Be honest, what is a viewpoint you hold that your peers would be against? I will not judge you for it" He then asked me to define illness.

I was asked the same question!!It was pretty relaxing
does anyone know whether if those who applied to the summer school as a shortlisted essay candidate have been notified of the results? the deadline was july 7th so i was just wondering if anyone has heard back!
Original post by slay3r
mine was on performative activism and BLM, mostly political but Robin was super nice

Sameeee and I also had Robin K
has anyone received the welcome pack yet?
Reply 18
FAIR WARNING - do not waste yyour money on this course. The management is absolutely horrid - there was an email sent out to just the girls essentially slut shaming them (shocker - no one was dressed inappropriately) and after outrage, the admissions lady had to apologise for it - straight up weird that that happened. Another a lecturer, who was a massive ***** anyway, made inappropriate comments to one of the girls. Loads of people were sent home because 15 year olds were doing bits with 18 year olds and another girl got assaulted and the director did nothing about it. police had to come over and everything. absolute shambles of a time.

Quick Reply

Latest