The Student Room Group

MBA: University of Liverpool vs Newcastle University

Hello everybody,

My name is Cristobal, from Chile, and Im an Industrial Engineer with more than 5 years of professional experience.

The reason why i'm writing here is because i'm planning to study a MBA in an english university, in 2022, and University of Liverpool and Newcastle University are te main options i'm considering.

Having said, I would much appreciate if you could tell me, based on your experience, knowledge, friend's experiences, rumours, etc., which of these 2 options are better for a foreign student apply to a MBA.

Im not looking for staying in UK, after completing the MBA, since both my job and my girlfriend's are here in Chile, so basically my goals are to study a MBA to complement my studies, and to improve my backgrounds for my job, here in Chile, but also to have a good time living one year abroad, in a nice, fun and affordable city.

Of course I don't want to waste my money, and I'm looking to have the best possible academic experience, but also combining that with cost of living, cities attractions, etc.

I would also like to know what level of plurality exists in both universities (business school / MBA programme), in terms of the nationality of the students, regarding whether for example the majority are brits students, or the majority is from a specific foreign country, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Cristóbal
Reply 1
I am currently a student (Life sciences) at the University of Liverpool. I can't talk that much about Newcastle but the MBA program here in Liverpool is highly regarded and internationally recognised/accredited. As for students, Liverpool is highly international. You are sure to find people from a whole lot of different countries. One of my colleagues at work is in fact a Chilean PhD student. I am not very sure precisely how it is in the MBA course, but based on what I have seen in general, finding an international cohort is not going to be a problem here. The cost of living will be equivalent in both cities. In terms of experience and things to do, again, I will be biased for Liverpool. It is a bigger city, closer to Cheshire/Manchester, and with a lot of things to do. Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Sakim
I am currently a student (Life sciences) at the University of Liverpool. I can't talk that much about Newcastle but the MBA program here in Liverpool is highly regarded and internationally recognised/accredited. As for students, Liverpool is highly international. You are sure to find people from a whole lot of different countries. One of my colleagues at work is in fact a Chilean PhD student. I am not very sure precisely how it is in the MBA course, but based on what I have seen in general, finding an international cohort is not going to be a problem here. The cost of living will be equivalent in both cities. In terms of experience and things to do, again, I will be biased for Liverpool. It is a bigger city, closer to Cheshire/Manchester, and with a lot of things to do. Best of luck!

Thank you Sakim!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending