The Student Room Group

Which uni is better for law career?

Which uni is better for law in terms of graduate prospects, specifically magic circle firms and US firms:
University of Birmingham
or
University of Nottingham

Thanks
I would say Nottingham but university isn’t actually that important
Reply 2
Original post by wizkid44
I would say Nottingham but university isn’t actually that important

oh ok, would you say there is a big gap between notts and birmingham, or is the gap quite small and is notts only slightly better. Im trying to decide which one to firm.

Also yes i do also know my grades and experience are very important for law prospects
Original post by milkyone
oh ok, would you say there is a big gap between notts and birmingham, or is the gap quite small and is notts only slightly better. Im trying to decide which one to firm.

Also yes i do also know my grades and experience are very important for law prospects

I think the gap is quite small.

Yeah. Definitely try and get some spring weeks in first year
Both are great, but Notts definitely is better.
Birmingham is top 2 in the West Midlands with Warwick so in terms of local graduate positions, companies and firms do tend to target Birmingham students more. Regarding MC and US firms, you’d probably have the same opportunities at both Nottingham and Birmingham because the difference between them isn’t as big as compared to places like Oxbridge and unis in London compared to other Russell group unis.

I’d recommend just going with the uni that has the better module selection, teaching style, etc because at the end of the day you’ll need good grades and the easier it is for you to get them will mean you having a better performing application when it comes to applying to vac schemes and TC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending