The Student Room Group

LSE vs Edinburgh University

I'm trying to make a decision with regards to my master's degree. I am an International Relations student and I have been accepted to LSE's MSc Conflict Studies and Edinburgh's MSc Global Crime, Justice, and Security. As you can see, I am mostly passionate about the field of international security studies and conflict analysis, however I can't seem to decide between the two. I know that LSE has a well-established reputation within the IR and International Security field, but Edinburgh ranked better within the world's university rankings and is generally known as a fantastic student city. And since London is a very expensive investment, I am not quite sure whether LSE will be worth it since I've also heard that there's some low student satisfaction reports regarding the teaching environment. At the same time, this is a rare opportunity that could really help me kickstart my career and I don't know whether I will get the same career opportunities in other uni as it is with LSE. I was thus wondering whether any of you who have heard or have any experiences regarding the two unis (or even the programme) have some insights and are willing to help me out? This will truly help with my decision process! :smile:Thank you so much beforehand

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending