username5741503
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm really stressed about how to efficiently study for my politics exams that are coming up in three weeks. I struggle with politics a lot and currently I don't know the best way to revise. I'm aiming for an A, so if anyone has any advice on how to revise in a way that I can get an A, I would very much appreciate it!
hannah1878
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do practise questions on everything (and I mean absolutely everything). ask your teacher for some or find ones online. doing the questions (or even planning them out) helps you find the gaps in what you know, so you can then revise using flashcards and mind maps!
username5741503
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannah1878)
do practise questions on everything (and I mean absolutely everything). ask your teacher for some or find ones online. doing the questions (or even planning them out) helps you find the gaps in what you know, so you can then revise using flashcards and mind maps!
Thank you so much for the reply!!

So should I just plan out every essay that I can find? Also (I'm assuming you took politics haha) do you know how to really make sure that you achieve good grades?
hannah1878
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by minaaaa9494)
Thank you so much for the reply!!

So should I just plan out every essay that I can find? Also (I'm assuming you took politics haha) do you know how to really make sure that you achieve good grades?
I'm currently studying politics but this is just something I've found works for me, and currently, I'm a straight A student. I try to find questions that come with mark schemes, so that I can grade my plans (like how much of the stuff on the mark scheme I've included in my plan) or you could ask your teacher to check it over? Or even a friend who's on the same course?
username5741503
Rep:
?
I'm currently studying politics but this is just something I've found works for me, and currently, I'm a straight A student. I try to find questions that come with mark schemes, so that I can grade my plans (like how much of the stuff on the mark scheme I've included in my plan) or you could ask your teacher to check it over? Or even a friend who's on the same course?
I'm currently a private candidate so unfortunately I don't have a teacher to help me :bawling: Sorry for the multiple questions but I'm going to start writing up essay plans, and I wanted to know if it's necessary to have lots and lots of examples throughout your whole essay?
hannah1878
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean statistics and evidence to support your point? Because if so, I try to use one example per point. So two examples, therefore, per paragraph; evidence to support my main point, and then my counter argument.
username5741503
Rep:
?
Do you mean statistics and evidence to support your point? Because if so, I try to use one example per point. So two examples, therefore, per paragraph; evidence to support my main point, and then my counter argument.
Yes that's what I meant. Thank you for all of your replies!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads