The Student Room Group

Need YOUR Help! - please im lost

This boy i had a crush on, right, says that i deserve better when i told him i liked him. Then months later, so yesterday, we get into an argument and he tells me that he liked me back then. So, I ask him why he didn't tell me at the time, and he said because I liked you after you told me. He thought I had moved on, so didn't bother telling me. Apparently, he was also talking to another girl at the time. That girl is now his current girlfriend. And I'm just confused as to why he told me this, while he has a gf. Also, when he was venting to me before our argument, I was worried about what he might do, because he's a special kid and his dad died when he was little so he's still a little messed up. So I told him I appreciate him, and that he's alive for me, if not his friends and family. And I said 'I love you.' Then, our argument sparked because he thought i meant it in another way. And he asked why I keep sending him things like that, as if i still really like him like that. Idek if i like him like that anymore, like I really don't know what I think of him, and if I have any feelings towards him. So I told him if he keeps thinking that everytime i send a message, then maybe he should be asking himself if he likes me, or if he wants me to like him. Then he told me he did, and deleted the proof that I had of him saying that. Damn Whatsapp. Yeah. And now I miss his voice, and he's sending me voicenotes to keep me satisfied. I told him we should try to not talk to eachother as much until half term break, where we'll meet up, and talk about everything. He says that i'm a genuinely nice person, and he likes talking to me, but he doesn't know what to do. Or what i want. Am I being too harsh? And do you think I like him?
Original post by Anonymous
This boy i had a crush on, right, says that i deserve better when i told him i liked him. Then months later, so yesterday, we get into an argument and he tells me that he liked me back then. So, I ask him why he didn't tell me at the time, and he said because I liked you after you told me. He thought I had moved on, so didn't bother telling me. Apparently, he was also talking to another girl at the time. That girl is now his current girlfriend. And I'm just confused as to why he told me this, while he has a gf. Also, when he was venting to me before our argument, I was worried about what he might do, because he's a special kid and his dad died when he was little so he's still a little messed up. So I told him I appreciate him, and that he's alive for me, if not his friends and family. And I said 'I love you.' Then, our argument sparked because he thought i meant it in another way. And he asked why I keep sending him things like that, as if i still really like him like that. Idek if i like him like that anymore, like I really don't know what I think of him, and if I have any feelings towards him. So I told him if he keeps thinking that everytime i send a message, then maybe he should be asking himself if he likes me, or if he wants me to like him. Then he told me he did, and deleted the proof that I had of him saying that. Damn Whatsapp. Yeah. And now I miss his voice, and he's sending me voicenotes to keep me satisfied. I told him we should try to not talk to eachother as much until half term break, where we'll meet up, and talk about everything. He says that i'm a genuinely nice person, and he likes talking to me, but he doesn't know what to do. Or what i want. Am I being too harsh? And do you think I like him?

Although I do not have much experience with relationships I find this guy a bit sketchy. I've always been told that if someone says "oh you dont deserve me", "I'm not good enough for you", then run. This can mean two things (in my opinion). 1. They want someone to pity them, to comfort them, it's attention seeking. 2. They are ashamed of their past, which could mean that they did something that is red-flag worthy. Another thing that I am sketchy about is that if he truly really liked you and only you, he wouldn't of gotten a girlfriend. I don't know the time span between your confession and him being in a relationship, but its strange that he went for someone else although he "liked you" and knew that the feeling was mutual. I think the best thing for you to do now is take some space from him. Don't talk to him for a period of time so you can get your mind clear on your feelings towards him and vise versa. Then you won't have the pressure or confusion from him and you can get you mind straight. I know that it will be hard to cut most or all amount of contact from him for a certain amount of time. But I was once in a situation where I was confused like you, by taking some space from him I really understood what I felt. Good luck and hope this helps :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by Stressed17y
Although I do not have much experience with relationships I find this guy a bit sketchy. I've always been told that if someone says "oh you dont deserve me", "I'm not good enough for you", then run. This can mean two things (in my opinion). 1. They want someone to pity them, to comfort them, it's attention seeking. 2. They are ashamed of their past, which could mean that they did something that is red-flag worthy. Another thing that I am sketchy about is that if he truly really liked you and only you, he wouldn't of gotten a girlfriend. I don't know the time span between your confession and him being in a relationship, but its strange that he went for someone else although he "liked you" and knew that the feeling was mutual. I think the best thing for you to do now is take some space from him. Don't talk to him for a period of time so you can get your mind clear on your feelings towards him and vise versa. Then you won't have the pressure or confusion from him and you can get you mind straight. I know that it will be hard to cut most or all amount of contact from him for a certain amount of time. But I was once in a situation where I was confused like you, by taking some space from him I really understood what I felt. Good luck and hope this helps :smile:.

Thanks so much. We were actually discussing it. I told him if he sees fit, we should take a break from eachother becasue we both genuinely care for eachother, but we also hurt eachother a lot, unconsiously. So he said he'll call me later today, and I explained to him that I'm busy. So he said he'll call me when I finish my lesson. And yeah, I told him we should talk about things. So that's what we're gonna do. If he calls me, then I think we'll keep together, just not talk as much. But if he doesn't call then i'm gonna go ahead and take it to my own hands. I won't speak to me/address him until he talks to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending