aesha_p
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
anyone know any summer jobs or good volunteering opportunities for over the summer! i'm 16 and have 3 months summer holidays since i am in year 11
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What kind of volunteering jobs do you want to take?
aesha_p
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
What kind of volunteering jobs do you want to take?
i'm leaning towards charity stores etc but my sister said when she did it, it was really boring and she didn't do anything to directly help anyone- it's mainly just cleaning and rearranging things. honestly idm where/what it is, any ideas are welcome
iaezfj300
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Former charity shop volunteer here - at times, it was pretty boring and monotonous, but it was also nice to interact with people every shift. If it's something you'd enjoy, go for it. Overall, I did enjoy my job.
Check out food banks, animal shelters and St. John's Ambulance for more active volunteering gigs.
I think fast food places like KFC hire at 16 so you can check them as well.
aesha_p
Rep:
?
(Original post by iaezfj300)
Former charity shop volunteer here - at times, it was pretty boring and monotonous, but it was also nice to interact with people every shift. If it's something you'd enjoy, go for it. Overall, I did enjoy my job.
Check out food banks, animal shelters and St. John's Ambulance for more active volunteering gigs.
I think fast food places like KFC hire at 16 so you can check them as well.
thank you so much for this, i'll check them out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.99%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.78%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.71%

Watched Threads