The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

GCSE 2020 Physics Paper 1 AQA

Hi guys,
Does anyone know the types of questions that came up on this paper so I know which areas to focus on
hey there, i sat my paper yesterday, i did higher tier and struggled a lot it was really hard..
though idk if it was designed by my school but the subjects that were on it were:
- non renewable and renewable sources , they asked a question about different sources and what kind of energy they are ( eg thermal, chemical )
- Half life ( only a small easy question )
specific heat capacity ( i failed this question, they asked to find the mass )
- the symbol for a fuse
- the domestic energy ( 230v and 50hz was the answer )
i cant remember anymore,
ask your teacher for a checklist, and make sure you know all the equations, they give u some equations just not all. GOODLUCK :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by lauren74267
hey there, i sat my paper yesterday, i did higher tier and struggled a lot it was really hard..
though idk if it was designed by my school but the subjects that were on it were:
- non renewable and renewable sources , they asked a question about different sources and what kind of energy they are ( eg thermal, chemical )
- the symbol for a fuse
i cant remember anymore,
ask your teacher for a checklist, and make sure you know all the equations, they give u some equations just not all. GOODLUCK :biggrin:

Thank you. It went ok but I waffled a lot on most of the questions and also think I got the specific heat capacity one wrong
Original post by Ecamille
Thank you. It went ok but I waffled a lot on most of the questions and also think I got the specific heat capacity one wrong

i failed it too dw lol
is this triple higher? I’ve got my exam on Wednesday lol
Original post by AmeliaGg432
is this triple higher? I’ve got my exam on Wednesday lol

triple had a lot more on it i believe, though the specific heat capacity Q was definitely on triple ( my twin does triple )
- the symbol for a fuse
i cant remember anymore,

hi, have you done biology paper one yet?
Original post by berrybeom
hi, have you done biology paper one yet?

yeah i have done both biology papers, though again idk if it’s just for my school ,on paper 1
there was ( higher paper )
: the structure of the leaf, and what each part does , eg : the phloem, xylem , spongey mesophill
there was a question about
- microscope question ( image size = actual size x magnification )
- food tests
- improving the pond weed practical
- drug trial testing
- enzymes
- osmosis
- what’s the difference between a bacteria and plant cell
( that’s all i can remember )
paper 2:
- ruler drop test ( about reaction time )
- labelling the thyroid, adrenal and ovaries in a diagram
- what enzyme digests starch ( amylase )
- food chains
abiotic and buotic factors ( biotic = living , abiotic is non living )
- IVF ( the stages and why it increases the chance of fertility / pregnancy )
- a lot about the menstraul cycle, mainly about LH
- the nervous system and how it works ( S R S R M E R , = stimulus, receptor, sensory neurone , relay neurone , motor neurone, effector , response ) ITS A GOOD RHYME LEARN IT
- definition of homeostasis ( meaning= maintaining the optimum internal environment )
- you need to know what hormone acts on what ( they were - pancreas - insulin - liver, adrenal gland - adrenaline- heart, pituitary gland - oestrogen - uterus )
ummm and yea that’s all i can think of, paper 2 was easier , GOODLUCK I HOPE I HELPED!
yeah i have done both biology papers, though again idk if it’s just for my school ,on paper 1
: the structure of the leaf, and what each part does , eg : the phloem, xylem , spongey mesophill
- food tests
- drug trial testing
- enzymes
- osmosis
paper 2:
- food chains
- the nervous system and how it works ( S R S R M E R , = stimulus, receptor, sensory neurone , relay neurone , motor neurone, effector , response ) ITS A GOOD RHYME LEARN IT
- definition of homeostasis ( meaning= maintaining the optimum internal environment )
- you need to know what hormone acts on what ( they were - pancreas - insulin - liver, adrenal gland - adrenaline- heart, pituitary gland - oestrogen - uterus )
ummm and yea that’s all i can think of, paper 2 was easier , GOODLUCK I HOPE I HELPED!

Thank you so much xx I don’t know if it’s too much to ask but have you also done the chemistry papers? ☺️
have y done chemistry paper 2
Thank you so much xx I don’t know if it’s too much to ask but have you also done the chemistry papers? ☺️

ahah yeah i’ve finished them, AGAIN idk if my school designed them themselves but here’s what i got/ can remember
chemistry paper 1:
energy change practical ( with the polystyrene cup )
method of crystallisation
question about graphene and diamond, the properties of them
displacement reactions
uhh i can’t remember anything else cus i did the paper last week, but paper 2 contains..
- how to calculate carbon footprint
- evolution of the atmosphere
- green house gases
- the effects of sulfur dioxide , solid particles and umm.. carbon monoxide
- alkenes and alkanes
-the formula for them and how to test it, ( using bromine water )
- how to calc mass change in gas by using a graph
- disappearing cross practical
- factors effecting rate of reaction
- fraction distillation
ok i can’t remember anymore but there was definitely more, just study those main topics or smth :smile:
(Original post by lauren74267)
I have no idea how you have remembered all of that!
ahah yeah i’ve finished them, AGAIN idk if my school designed them themselves but here’s what i got/ can remember
chemistry paper 1:
energy change practical ( with the polystyrene cup )
method of crystallisation
question about graphene and diamond, the properties of them
displacement reactions
uhh i can’t remember anything else cus i did the paper last week, but paper 2 contains..
- how to calculate carbon footprint
- evolution of the atmosphere
- green house gases
- the effects of sulfur dioxide , solid particles and umm.. carbon monoxide
- alkenes and alkanes
-the formula for them and how to test it, ( using bromine water )
- how to calc mass change in gas by using a graph
- disappearing cross practical
- factors effecting rate of reaction
- fraction distillation
ok i can’t remember anymore but there was definitely more, just study those main topics or smth :smile:

Thank you so much, you’ve helped a lot xx
Thank you so much, you’ve helped a lot xx

no problem x
Do anyone of you remember the specific heat capacity question in detail, so I can try it out myself.
no problem x

were there any hard question on forces and motion? or space?
I did my chemistry exam today and it was pretty hard and i'm hoping that physics goes better.
- food tests
- drug trial testing
- enzymes
- osmosis
paper 2:
- food chains

OMG! did u do the Physics and Chem 2020 one as well? i don't know if you'll remember but it'll be LIFE SAVER, please reply
Reply 17
Original post by Ecamille
Hi guys,
Does anyone know the types of questions that came up on this paper so I know which areas to focus on

If you've sat the paper can you tell me which topics are on it? I have a mock on Wednesday with this paper on it :smile: