Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's just massive arguments and stuff pretty much daily now. Im not involved but I get brought into it sometimes when I just want to stay on my own in my room. The main issue is the arguments everyday pretty much, I can hear it downstairs and I am just im my room. It's not peaceful. Last night things kicked off a lot and the police came to our house. The police have come about 10 times since autumn 2019 because of the arguments. It's really not ideal. I was playing games last night and the police came to have a word with me but I said I wasn't involved but I said I heard loads of noise.

We have had several police visits because the issues have got to much. What's going on right now is not ideal. It's basically toxic as well because my parents pretty much don't like each other, they are legally married and living together because my parents did consider splitting up that caused a massive argument alone. My parents think it's best for us to stay together which I have tried saying its not but they just want to stay together and it caused issues the idea of splitting up. The arguments we have are over so many small things like yesterday it was just about what we are having for tea and it led to a massive argument. I was just upstairs and the police came later yesterday evening.

We don't normally have to sit together to eat but we will have to on Christmas which is very soon and I just am really dreading Christmas Dinner with my whole family arguments because it happened last Christmas and the last few Christmas before that. Christmas Dinner in our family is the worst, I'm grateful I have all this famliy and everything like people have it worse on the streets with no family or anything but that doesn’t change my family situation.
Sinthuja Vijay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's just massive arguments and stuff pretty much daily now. Im not involved but I get brought into it sometimes when I just want to stay on my own in my room. The main issue is the arguments everyday pretty much, I can hear it downstairs and I am just im my room. It's not peaceful. Last night things kicked off a lot and the police came to our house. The police have come about 10 times since autumn 2019 because of the arguments. It's really not ideal. I was playing games last night and the police came to have a word with me but I said I wasn't involved but I said I heard loads of noise.

We have had several police visits because the issues have got to much. What's going on right now is not ideal. It's basically toxic as well because my parents pretty much don't like each other, they are legally married and living together because my parents did consider splitting up that caused a massive argument alone. My parents think it's best for us to stay together which I have tried saying its not but they just want to stay together and it caused issues the idea of splitting up. The arguments we have are over so many small things like yesterday it was just about what we are having for tea and it led to a massive argument. I was just upstairs and the police came later yesterday evening.

We don't normally have to sit together to eat but we will have to on Christmas which is very soon and I just am really dreading Christmas Dinner with my whole family arguments because it happened last Christmas and the last few Christmas before that. Christmas Dinner in our family is the worst, I'm grateful I have all this famliy and everything like people have it worse on the streets with no family or anything but that doesn’t change my family situation.
Hello,
I am very sorry you are dealing with this.
I hope other people can also see your message so more advice can be given. I am not a professional in giving advice so I apologise and you please don't depend on my answer.
I suggest you tell them how this is impacting you-maybe ask them to go to counselling??
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
"urgent"????
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I’m sorry you’re in that situation, do you have any family or friends you could stay with for a bit until things calm down?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sinthuja Vijay)
Hello,
I am very sorry you are dealing with this.
I hope other people can also see your message so more advice can be given. I am not a professional in giving advice so I apologise and you please don't depend on my answer.
I suggest you tell them how this is impacting you-maybe ask them to go to counselling??
I’m sorry you’re in that situation, do you have any family or friends you could stay with for a bit until things calm down?
It will never calm down even with counselling or whatever. I might be able to take a break and stay over for a few days at friends or my uncle but its against the covid rules
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes a break helps? Even if you just get out the house for a bit? Have you tried talking to them?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We don't normally have to sit together to eat but we will have to on Christmas which is very soon and I just am really dreading Christmas Dinner with my whole family arguments because it happened last Christmas and the last few Christmas before that. Christmas Dinner in our family is the worst.
Christmas is very soon?

Where?

It's May.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Christmas is very soon?

Where?

It's May.
I guess it's not then but I'm still worried about Christmas Dinner
Sinthuja Vijay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It will never calm down even with counselling or whatever. I might be able to take a break and stay over for a few days at friends or my uncle but its against the covid rules
how about talking to them that this is actually affecting them and it would be better if they just separate?
Anonymous #1
how about talking to them that this is actually affecting them and it would be better if they just separate?
Trust me that is exactly what I tried hundreds of times and they want to stay in the same house
Anonymous #1
Sometimes a break helps? Even if you just get out the house for a bit? Have you tried talking to them?
I break might be a good idea but then I have to come back home at some point. I have spoken to them and its useless it carries on
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
Christmas is very soon?

Where?

It's May.
It’s a copy/paste from 5 months ago. Again
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Don't all families argue at Christmas?
Anonymous #1
Don't all families argue at Christmas?
Maybe but not as bad as mine

(Original post by GabiAbi84)
It’s a copy/paste from 5 months ago. Again 🙄
No it isn't
Sinthuja Vijay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
It’s a copy/paste from 5 months ago. Again 🙄
i wanted to ask how you getting this info from?many people do go through this situation so I don't think its good to assume this is fake...
do you have any evidence?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i wanted to ask how you getting this info from?many people do go through this situation so I don't think its good to assume this is fake...
do you have any evidence?
Because this exact post with very minor additions has been posted for months now.
I’m not assuming anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads