Best universities to study Physics?

Apart from Oxford and Imperial 🥲..

Thank you 😊
Reply 1
Bristol, Edinburgh, Warwick and Manchester are all meant to be great
Original post by JGLM
Bristol, Edinburgh, Warwick and Manchester are all meant to be great

thanks so much
Cambridge, Southampton, Birmingham, UCL, QMUL, Exeter, along with those already mentioned. QMUL and Exeter are a bit more average overall but have particularly good physics departments.
Reply 4
Southampton has some interesting-looking MPhys courses, that was my insurance. Plus if you're doing 4 A-levels then their standard offer will be AAA/AABC which is safer than the A*AA required in other places.
Original post by artful_lounger
Cambridge, Southampton, Birmingham, UCL, QMUL, Exeter, along with those already mentioned. QMUL and Exeter are a bit more average overall but have particularly good physics departments.

Original post by Sinnoh
Southampton has some interesting-looking MPhys courses, that was my insurance. Plus if you're doing 4 A-levels then their standard offer will be AAA/AABC which is safer than the A*AA required in other places.

Thank you!! :smile:
Not sure if i'd want to apply to Exeter though after watching Ibz Mo haha
Original post by Qxi.xli
Thank you!! :smile:
Not sure if i'd want to apply to Exeter though after watching Ibz Mo haha

Not sure what that is, but in any case I used to study there (not in physics, although I was taking some physics modules before I left) and while generally I had a pretty poor impression of the engineering department and also issues with the overall administration of the uni, the physics department was pretty well run and seemed to support it's students quite well (for whatever reason a lot of my friends there ended up being physics undergrads and PhDs lol). I'm definitely not one to recommend Exeter lightly :tongue:
(edited 2 years ago)
Not sure what that is, but in any case I used to study there (not in physics, although I was taking some physics modules before I left) and while generally I had a pretty poor impression of the engineering department and also issues with the overall administration of the uni, the physics department was pretty well run and seemed to support it's students quite well (for whatever reason a lot of my friends there ended up being physics undergrads and PhDs lol). I'm definitely not one to recommend Exeter lightly :tongue:

He's a study YouTuber :smile:- I think he might have deleted that video though, I tried searching for it just now..
thank youuu x
Wait sorry what do you mean by the last bit? x
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
He's a study YouTuber :smile:- I think he might have deleted that video though, I tried searching for it just now..
thank youuu x
Wait sorry what do you mean by the last bit? x

Ah ok, I see :smile:

By the last bit I mean, I generally do not recommend Exeter and think it's vastly overrated as a uni on TSR. But the physics department (also a couple of other departments; law and I gather history too) is fairly strong and so is an exception to my general opinion of the uni.
I was gonna make this thread
Thanks for saving me the hassle :smile:
Ah ok, I see :smile:

By the last bit I mean, I generally do not recommend Exeter and think it's vastly overrated as a uni on TSR. But the physics department (also a couple of other departments; law and I gather history too) is fairly strong and so is an exception to my general opinion of the uni.

makes sense, thanks for clarifying :smile:

Original post by The-evil-potato
I was gonna make this thread
Thanks for saving me the hassle :smile:

np :smile:
Reply 11
So which uni would people pick for physics between Bristol, York, Edinburgh or Leeds ??
Reply 12
Original post by Anony00
So which uni would people pick for physics between Bristol, York, Edinburgh or Leeds ??

Bristol/Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending