Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been rejected for straight econ at LSE this year and am considering reapplying. I was just wondering whether you HAVE TO talk about what ur gonna do during ur gap year in ur updated personal statement or is it possible for people to get in with an improved ps but without talking about their gap year plans? If you do have to, how are you meant to do this since you would have to write ur ps and apply like 3 months into ur gap year which isn't the best time to say what u have gained from whatever ur going to do if u get what i mean. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
LSE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been rejected for straight econ at LSE this year and am considering reapplying. I was just wondering whether you HAVE TO talk about what ur gonna do during ur gap year in ur updated personal statement or is it possible for people to get in with an improved ps but without talking about their gap year plans? If you do have to, how are you meant to do this since you would have to write ur ps and apply like 3 months into ur gap year which isn't the best time to say what u have gained from whatever ur going to do if u get what i mean. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello, whilst you can outline (briefly) what you plan to do during your gap year in your Personal Statement, this is not compulsory. I would recommend referring to the guidance on our Personal Statement page.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by LSE)
Hello, whilst you can outline (briefly) what you plan to do during your gap year in your Personal Statement, this is not compulsory. I would recommend referring to the guidance on our Personal Statement page.
Hi, thanks for the reply. But if you don't include what you plan to do during your gap year, would you consider them less competitive compared to others who haven't taken a gap year? Thanks.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My friend took a gap, he didn't mention anything other than academic stuff i.e. books, lectures, etc and he got in LSE (and Cambridge).
LSE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, thanks for the reply. But if you don't include what you plan to do during your gap year, would you consider them less competitive compared to others who haven't taken a gap year? Thanks.
No, this would not be the case. LSE is happy to consider applications from applicants taking a gap year. It is up to you to decide whether you include information about how you intend to spend your gap year in your Personal Statement.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My friend took a gap, he didn't mention anything other than academic stuff i.e. books, lectures, etc and he got in LSE (and Cambridge).
I see, thanks for the reply
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Btw did your friend apply for deferred entry first time round and got in or did they apply during their gap year? Since I've already been rejected by LSE and am reapplying during my gap year I don't know what the chances are for me to get in next year. Thanks for the help.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Btw did your friend apply for deferred entry first time round and got in or did they apply during their gap year? Since I've already been rejected by LSE and am reapplying during my gap year I don't know what the chances are for me to get in next year. Thanks for the help.
They were rejected by LSE & Cambridge first time, then reapplied to both and got unconditionals from both, and chose Cambridge.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
They were rejected by LSE & Cambridge first time, then reapplied to both and got unconditionals from both, and chose Cambridge.
Right, and did they apply for the same course at LSE both times?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Right, and did they apply for the same course at LSE both times?
Yep, it was LSE (BSc) & Cambridge (BA) Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (118)
27.13%
England (155)
35.63%
Belgium (33)
7.59%
Germany (42)
9.66%
Spain (10)
2.3%