Want to get into uni but not sure about grades

Watch this thread
Needyherapyhilol
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey! So it’s a very long story but I wanted to know if I can get into Birmingham uni or any other one with bad grades? I have English 4 retakin maths so hopefully a 4! A science is a 3 and my school won’t allow me to retake, my health and social care and childcare was a pass for gcses. For a levels I’m currently in yr 12 but I’m doing voc childcare development L3 my dumb ass didn’t realise I cant get into uni with this course so I’m going to try change my course to health and social care level 3. Do u think I’d get into uni childs nursing with 4 Gcses? Idk I feel so messed up man covid ruined everything
Sparker25
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Have you looked into foundation year courses? You don’t really need A levels or equivalents to get on and it’s just an extra year. Health and social care L3 is only equivalent to 1 A level and most unis want a minimum of 3 for a standard course
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Needyherapyhilol)
Hey! So it’s a very long story but I wanted to know if I can get into Birmingham uni or any other one with bad grades? I have English 4 retakin maths so hopefully a 4! A science is a 3 and my school won’t allow me to retake, my health and social care and childcare was a pass for gcses. For a levels I’m currently in yr 12 but I’m doing voc childcare development L3 my dumb ass didn’t realise I cant get into uni with this course so I’m going to try change my course to health and social care level 3. Do u think I’d get into uni childs nursing with 4 Gcses? Idk I feel so messed up man covid ruined everything
Hi Needyherapyhilol,

I would recommend you talk with your school adviser as well as email the UoB course admissions for possible guidance and help. UoB offers scholarships to students who live close to or near Birmingham that you could apply for, where they look at your circumstance as a whole and give you lower requirement grades to join the degree course.

So I am an A2B student because I live in the West Midland region and I applied for Aerospace Engineering. Normally, to get into Aerospace at UoB, the required A-Level grades are AAA but due to my situation and circumstance, I applied to A2B and had my offer grades lowered to ABB.

On the other hand, you can also apply for a foundation year at the University. It's a year you do before the actual uni degree and the next year will be the start of the first year of the actual degree. A foundation year can be seen as a stepping stone into the world of higher education, particularly if you don't have the right qualifications to go straight onto a degree programme. As an alternative route into university, a foundation year can ease you back into the education environment while providing access to a range of undergraduate courses.

Hope this helps, take care Needyherapyhilol!

- Lamyea
username5735254
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences)
Hi Needyherapyhilol,

I would recommend you talk with your school adviser as well as email the UoB course admissions for possible guidance and help. UoB offers scholarships to students who live close to or near Birmingham that you could apply for, where they look at your circumstance as a whole and give you lower requirement grades to join the degree course.

So I am an A2B student because I live in the West Midland region and I applied for Aerospace Engineering. Normally, to get into Aerospace at UoB, the required A-Level grades are AAA but due to my situation and circumstance, I applied to A2B and had my offer grades lowered to ABB.

On the other hand, you can also apply for a foundation year at the University. It's a year you do before the actual uni degree and the next year will be the start of the first year of the actual degree. A foundation year can be seen as a stepping stone into the world of higher education, particularly if you don't have the right qualifications to go straight onto a degree programme. As an alternative route into university, a foundation year can ease you back into the education environment while providing access to a range of undergraduate courses.

Hope this helps, take care Needyherapyhilol!

- Lamyea
is a2b easy to pass?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Needyherapyhilol)
Hiya
Just seen this , I attached from NHS website what you'll need for children nursing ok. Hopefully it helps you
I'm a midwife ok.

Name:  Screenshot_2021-05-20-15-45-43.png
Views: 20
Size:  363.0 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (12)
17.14%
The paper was reasonable (26)
37.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
32.86%
It was TERRIBLE (9)
12.86%

Watched Threads