Boyfriend keeps following girls when he knows I’m not happy with it

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My boyfriend knows I’m not happy/uncomfortable when he follows girls he doesn’t know on social media and still continues to do it. When I do it he also hates it however thinks it’s fine when he does. I’m really thinking of ending things because I’m so tired of feeling unhappy. He never ever compliments me anymore and all these girls he follows are nothing like me so I don’t think I’m really his type. What shall I do??
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I’d have a talk with him. If you can’t follow other guys, why can he follow other girls? I know a breakup is a last resort and you want to avoid it, but if he doesn’t change it might be for the best? You deserve to be loved, respected, and treated the way you deserve! If he can’t see that then that’s his problem!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I agree if he knows it upsets you and he is still actively doing something he knows you don't like that he could so easily stop doing thats not fair. If you have a conversation about it he should respect your feelings and stop and if he tries to tell you it's not a problem then he is a problem as he is consciously ignoring the fact he's upsetting you.
Anonymous #1
The thing is I’ve had many conversations with him about it and it’s not the first time it’s happened. It’s happened a lot within the past 2 weeks and him even reacting to other girls photos then removing it soon as I mention. I’m just becoming so fed up of it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
This might sound petty but have you tried mirroring his behaviour? So what he does, you do the same but with guys? If he says something you could say you’ll stop when he does?
bugaboo02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
girll drop him. there is no point wasting your precious time for a man who expects something from u and cannot replicate it. i'd really advise getting out of the relationship before you get hurt/ cheated on, he seems fond of women in general - probably doesn't seem trustworthy. trust me, you dont wanna get hurt.
Last edited by bugaboo02; 1 month ago
Kakeema_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
that's kind of funny, breaking up over each others followings here on social media, I mean if he's following a crap tonne of girls on social media then it should be a cause of a concern, he may just be an extremely sexually active guy. Or, I have met some guys who can't quite help it when they see a girl they like so they have to follow them, I would stay away from that kind if I were you.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like a mess. If you get upset with him for doing something, why would you do it too? Or likewise why would you expect him not to do something that you also do?

Neither of you should be telling the other who or who not to be following on social media. You should be getting your trust issues sorted out before you're in a relationship or you're both just setting yourself up for one doomed relationship after the next...
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
You deserve much better! If he can’t see what an amazing person you are and how lucky he is to have you, cut him loose! He does not deserve you. I am 100% certain there is someone out there who will love & respect you. Never forget your worth x
anon1830486
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ur defo insecure about yourself as ur a bit jealous n theres noting to worry about don't force your bf to do certain things thats dumb its not like if he mssgs those girls its a concern but just to follow them s alright
bugaboo02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anon1830486)
ur defo insecure about yourself as ur a bit jealous n theres noting to worry about don't force your bf to do certain things thats dumb its not like if he mssgs those girls its a concern but just to follow them s alright
so following a mass about of girls while having your own girlfriend and seeing their pictures etc is not a concern? he doesn't even compliment her anymore, his eyes are on other women, come on man
Anonymous #1
Hi, thanks for ur comment. I’m 100% not insecure about myself. This just concerns me because it’s obvious he has eyes for other women. I could be sat in bed next to him and he’ll be following other women. He never says anything nice about me anymore so I honestly do start questioning my worth but it’s took a lot for me to love myself again. Hence why I’m thinking of ending things because no woman should ever have to put up with this kinda bs.
bugaboo02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, thanks for ur comment. I’m 100% not insecure about myself. This just concerns me because it’s obvious he has eyes for other women. I could be sat in bed next to him and he’ll be following other women. He never says anything nice about me anymore so I honestly do start questioning my worth but it’s took a lot for me to love myself again. Hence why I’m thinking of ending things because no woman should ever have to put up with this kinda bs.
babe, move on. your life is so precious, you deserve to spend every second in happiness. Life is only short, don't waste it being unhappy. When you are 10 years older from now, you aren't even going to care about this guy, it's worth moving on as soon as possible like literally dump him rn queen
TFEU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just leave. This is not about him following other girls, but rather about him 1) being a hypocrite, and 2) completely disregarding your boundaries and how you feel, even after communicating them to him.

Oh bloody hell. I can’t stand it when people randomly diagnose strangers as ‘insecure’. Maybe she’s so secure that she knows she deserves all the attention and respect because she’s already p.e.r.f.e.c.t. 💅🏻 She’s so secure that she knows she doesn’t have to put up with someone who disregards her boundaries?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (205)
43.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (99)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.78%

Watched Threads