The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for 5 year medicine as a graduate?

Hi,

I’m a graduate and will be starting the 5 year medicine degree in September.

I thought from research that I would be eligible for the maintenance loan (not the tuition fee loan, I know I can’t get that). However in my decision letter from Student Finance England I’ve just received it says I’m not eligible to receive the maintenance loan, because I have an equivalent course and am not doing an exempt course.

I’m left confused and wondering if I have made a mistake or if they have. Does anyone have any advice?

Thankyou
Original post by Gazelleintense
Hi,

I’m a graduate and will be starting the 5 year medicine degree in September.

I thought from research that I would be eligible for the maintenance loan (not the tuition fee loan, I know I can’t get that). However in my decision letter from Student Finance England I’ve just received it says I’m not eligible to receive the maintenance loan, because I have an equivalent course and am not doing an exempt course.

I’m left confused and wondering if I have made a mistake or if they have. Does anyone have any advice?

Thankyou

Hi there, it sounds like an automatic assessment. Please call us on 0300 100 0607 or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, it sounds like an automatic assessment. Please call us on 0300 100 0607 or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account.
Thanks, Isaac

Ok will do Thankyou
Original post by Gazelleintense
Ok will do Thankyou

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending