Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm going to be applying to york st john soon, ive checked to make sure there is space left for the course im applying to as im cutting it fine. I've got double the required ucas points, a moderately strong personal statement (i feel like), im just wondering what the likelihood that I'll be accepted is as I have no idea what to do if im rejected
username3962008
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to be applying to york st john soon, ive checked to make sure there is space left for the course im applying to as im cutting it fine. I've got double the required ucas points, a moderately strong personal statement (i feel like), im just wondering what the likelihood that I'll be accepted is as I have no idea what to do if im rejected
Hi you should be accepted, I got average grades at BTEC/A level. I know some people who got accepted and they even failed some subjects, but it is a nice university.
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello!

It is great to hear that you are looking to join us at YSJ!

It sounds as though you have a very positive application. As long as you apply before the deadline, it doesn't sound as though you will have any problems! However, bare in mind I cannot guarantee this.

Admissions staff will look at UCAS points and as long as you show a passion for the subject you have applied for in your personal statement, I am sure they will be very impressed.

Though I do not think you need to worry, there is always clearing so you could still be able to get a place at a university if you were to be rejected.

Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (188)
43.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.34%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.65%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise