Academic offence: Allowing coursework to be used or copied

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The allegation against me is: Allowing coursework to be used or copied

My friend has serious personal troubles, that's why I tried to help him by doing group study, but unintentionally it's it turned into collusion. which is 10%. Now, my professor counts this one as a high level of collusion.

In her form, she marked this one as a category 2 or 3 offence and forward it to the investigation team to review it and the investigation team invite me for a hearing. I've checked university guideline and found that the lowest punishment for category 2 offence is 20% reduction, then zero gradings then overall of failing to the module. and category 3 offence punishment is recommended to VC for an exit award.

I'm an international postgraduate student in the UK and this is my 1st year and 1st semester. Also, this is my first offence. I'm worried now, can't sleep properly. Will they kick me from the university? as my module professor didn't consider the first offence. She directly assigned the collusion to category 2 or 3 offence. Please help.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd suggest you contact your students union for advice, they usually have advisors who who should be able to help with navigating disciplinary matters, and they can give you info more tailored to your specific uni.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

As Kogomogo said it would be really difficult to get accurate and useful advice about this issue on hh, different Universities have different guidelines, appeals processes, investigation process etc., So the best thing to do is to contact your Student union and/or Student Support who will be able to offer you good impartial advice which is tailored to your situation. It would probably be best not to speak or contact the Professor in question before you can done so as you don't want to say anything which could implicate yourself.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Last edited by University of Liverpool Student Rep; 1 month ago
raisingthebar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

My friend has serious personal troubles, that's why I tried to help him by doing group study, but unintentionally it's it turned into collusion. which is 10%. Now, my professor counts this one as a high level of collusion.

In her form, she marked this one as a category 2 or 3 offence and forward it to the investigation team to review it and the investigation team invite me for a hearing. I've checked university guideline and found that the lowest punishment for category 2 offence is 20% reduction, then zero gradings then overall of failing to the module. and category 3 offence punishment is recommended to VC for an exit award.

I'm an international postgraduate student in the UK and this is my 1st year and 1st semester. Also, this is my first offence. I'm worried now, can't sleep properly. Will they kick me from the university? as my module professor didn't consider the first offence. She directly assigned the collusion to category 2 or 3 offence. Please help.
Echo what the others have said- approach your SU for help.
Also, gather as much evidence as possible- facebook messages, texts, emails- anything that might help prove that you didn't knowingly allow someone to use your work.
mariatutor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I would like to be of assistance. Get back to me. I might give some informative advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads