I'm having trouble finding any joy in life

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My dad died last year, almost a year ago. he was very ill in hospital this time last year and i feel so overwhemled with grief i dont know what to do. i dont have any friends i feel i can confide in about this, it makes them feel awkward talking about my dead dad. i dont know anybody that has lost a parent that i can talk to. i talk to my boyfriend about it sometimes but its getting worse as it gets closer to it being a year. im in uni at the moment doing my exams and most of my friends are staying at home so i dont really have anything i can do to take my mind off it. me and my boyfriend do things sometimes but he likes to spend hours playing computer games and i dont like asking him to stop as i feel like im being contolling and or a bother. i cant go home because im in the middle of my exams and i have nowhere to work at home and my sisters boyfriend is always there now since dad passed. it feels wrong at home like dads missing and theyre trying to fill the gap, my sisters boyfriend is very nice but i struggle with people i dont know very well and him being there all the time makes it feel like i cant relax. i really dont know what to do. i want to be happy, my dad was a happy man and i know im letting him down.
pumilio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
you're not letting anyone down, we'll set that straight.
I know it's somewhat generic advice, but have you thought about counselling.
It's not always right for people, but there's a reason it exists and it can be really helpful.
I used to avoid it because i thought i shouldn't need it but it did help me a lot and I would always recommend trying it.
Bre1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm one of three daughters the second passed and the third is disabled so I get pretty lonely so I just talk to myself, once exams are over you could go home. Just know that NO ONE can take a special persons place. Also I think ypur bf would be more than happy to lessen to you. If talking is what scares off possible lovers then I should have had a hundred by now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads