lauren74267
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’m 16 and about to leave school, there’s so many jobs open rn due to covid lifting.. but no where is accepting my applicants. my cover letter + CV is at a great standard, though i lack work experience because covid prevented this
i’m worried i won’t get a job until
i’m 17 or 18, does anyone know any jobs ideal for me? or how i could get one in certain websites or apps or something?
thanks
pumilio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do volunteer work, anything involving practical work.
Just get some experience doing something, that's what will make you stand out.
Work in a charity shop or see if you can get an apprenticeship, that would be a really good option if you can find one you're interested in as you'll earn money while getting qualifications and experience.
Last edited by pumilio; 1 month ago
Hannah055
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lauren74267)
i’m 16 and about to leave school, there’s so many jobs open rn due to covid lifting.. but no where is accepting my applicants. my cover letter + CV is at a great standard, though i lack work experience because covid prevented this
i’m 17 or 18, does anyone know any jobs ideal for me? or how i could get one in certain websites or apps or something?
thanks
I'm going to be 18 in like one week and i feel you although i have work experience. its still hard and since your young there's not many places for you to work most places have age requirements so you should volunteer first and get experience of money handling and then it will be easier to find a job when your 17 or older.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most likely, the people getting hired or interviewed are on some kind of backed up queue. The ones they wanted or who already applied before or at the start of the lock down.
lauren74267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hannah055)
I'm going to be 18 in like one week and i feel you although i have work experience. its still hard and since your young there's not many places for you to work most places have age requirements so you should volunteer first and get experience of money handling and then it will be easier to find a job when your 17 or older.
ah i see , thank you
lauren74267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Most likely, the people getting hired or interviewed are on some kind of backed up queue. The ones they wanted or who already applied before or at the start of the lock down.
yeah i kinda guessed that those who were getting jobs were probably those who lost jobs in lockdown or are much older than me, thanks tho
hollyf24
Badges: 9
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lauren74267)
thanks
Try emailing or walking into smaller or individual local cafes/restaurants/shops with your CV and ask for the manager, see if they have any vacancies currently or coming up? This is a direct approach and may work for you and it is how I landed a part-time job.
However, it may not - just keep applying to everything and anything and keep trying.
You could also start volunteering to build up experience.
The website 'Indeed' is great for seeing and applying for part time roles in a local area
Best of luck!
lauren74267
Rep:
?
ah thank you sm,
i got a interview in 2 weeks at mcdonald’s, i have no idea how i got to the interview stage as this is like 1/30 jobs i’ve applied for but hopefully i get it, ty for the advice ill definitely look into the small businesses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.1%
No (190)
70.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed