I declined an unconditional for UEA, but now i want to go there

Watch
sumgdytvn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would i be able to apply for that university and the same course for clearing.
I got into UEA with BBC while the grades required were ABB.
Would my chances of getting in through clearing be gone ?
Sparker25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think so, if you decline a choice they’ll move onto the next candidate
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its worth asking UCAS if they can rescue this for you. Sometimes it is possible to 'get back' declined offers at this stage - start by phoning UCAS asap and asking for their advice. No guarantees but its worth asking.
Sparker25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Its worth asking UCAS if they can rescue this for you. Sometimes it is possible to 'get back' declined offers at this stage - start by phoning UCAS asap and asking for their advice. No guarantees but its worth asking.
I think this can happen sometimes but only if you contact them within 14 days of rejecting them
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sparker25)
I think this can happen sometimes but only if you contact them within 14 days of rejecting them
Yes, that is the 'rule'. However, sometimes it is still possible to do this with UCAS co-operation - I have students who have managed to do this in the past. Exceptional, but sometimes possible.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Reply swaps are possible beyond 14 days if you get the approval of all the unis involved and let UCAS know what you want to do.

Unis don’t hold grudges for Clearing, they just want to put bums on seats at that point. They won’t care if you declined them previously.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sparker25)
The 14 day rule is to make reply swaps without agreement from the universities.

You have until mid July to make reply swaps WITH the agreement from the universities involved (and I have never known a university refuse a reply swap). Many universities give blanket agreement to all reply swaps to UCAS so if you talk to them first they’ll be able to explain if you also need to talk to any of your universities too.

I’m sure UEA would be delighted to agree to have you swap them into firm choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30.43%
No (48)
69.57%

Watched Threads