Izzy003
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does an introduction carry any marks for an essay question or is it just there to set out your argument?
Last edited by Izzy003; 1 month ago
rebecca-lol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it is just there to set out the argument, as well as giving the examiner info on how well written you are
Izzy003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So if I was rushed for time could I just say what I think about the topic and focus of the question and say that other factors had a greater impact on the focus?
Last edited by Izzy003; 1 month ago
rebecca-lol
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Izzy003)
So if I was rushed for time could I just say what I think about the topic and focus of the question and say that other factors had a greater impact on the focus?
Which subject is this and I will do my best at an ideal intro
Izzy003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by rebecca-lol)
Which subject is this and I will do my best at an ideal intro
It is history just because in exams I tend to spend more time on the extract and source questions
rebecca-lol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here is an intro that I did for an essay on 'To what extent was the Henrician reformation inspired by political and dynastical considerations rather than religious ideology?'. It took about 2-3 minutes

The Henrician reformation had irrefutably more to do with political principles than religious axiom, and in order to understand this we need to consider the rationales behind the break from Rome. While the word ‘reformation’ suggests that the shift in doctrine was due to the desire to reshape the Church, the circumstances surrounding the changes made it apparent that there were other more potent factors driving the break from Rome. The influence of Henry’s advisors, Cranmer and Cromwell, whose policies between 1530 and 1546 inclined around the King’s desire for power, money and an heir, but bought about their own dreams of religious changes as a byproduct.

As you can see, I set my argument out, as well as giving a brief background to the reformation. I also defined the question, thus providing a starting point to base my essay on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (69)
30.53%
No (157)
69.47%

Watched Threads