The Student Room Group

summarise a classic book, badly

i'll go first:

russian m i l f sleeps with two men called alexey.
also: farming! and romanticised paedophilic behaviour!
Man falls in love with a woman and she rejects him because he is poor. He buys a house across the water from her and hosts lots of parties in the hope she might see him again. There's an affair, a mechanic's wife is killed and the once poor man is shot in his swimming pool.
little women, wartime family experiences heartbreak
Reply 3
Original post by kcsjeo
i'll go first:

Communist animals fight

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by one_two_three
Man falls in love with a woman and she rejects him because he is poor. He buys a house across the water from her and hosts lots of parties in the hope she might see him again. There's an affair, a mechanic's wife is killed and the once poor man is shot in his swimming pool.

great gatsby innit?
i remember reading that at 12 n thinking i was soo cool
Some people in love. Some other people die.

Tale of Two Cities. Honestly, I have no idea what was going on...
Reply 6
Nothing happens over the course of a few days and the narrator is a ****

Spoiler

Man creates thing that just wanna be loved.
Old man gets bullied and threatened by several ghosts.
Man wants to, sail and see the world. Joins the crew of a one legged man. Everyone else dies. Beware the white whale...
Original post by CletusYeetus
Old man gets bullied and threatened by several ghosts.

If there are three of them at Christmas time to change the old man's mind, I think it is Dickens' Christmas Carol, am I right? Can you guess my classic?

A ten year old tomboy living in a racist village whose father defend a black man at a court.
Original post by Kallisto
If there are three of them at Christmas time to change the old man's mind, I think it is Dickens' Christmas Carol, am I right? Can you guess my classic?

A ten year old tomboy living in a racist village whose father defend a black man at a court.

Yeah, you got it. I can't say what yours is though; my knowledge of classic literature only extends to what I studied at GCSE.
Reply 12

to kill a mockingbird i bet!
Original post by zetamcfc
Man wants to, sail and see the world. Joins the crew of a one legged man. Everyone else dies. Beware the white whale...

That is easy: Moby Dic(k), written by Herman Melville.

Original post by kcsjeo
to kill a mockingbird i bet!

That is absolutely and onehundred percent correct! I give you a green thump for that. Can you guess this book too?

An orphan in India gets his answers for a billionaire quiz in his own life.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by kcsjeo
i'll go first:

can anyone get this one? it's actually a great book ngl
Reply 15
That is easy: Moby Dic(k), written by Herman Melville.

That is absolutely and onehundred percent correct! I give you a green thump for that. Can you guess this book too?

An orphan in India gets his answers for a billionaire quiz in his own life.

slumdog millionaire? didn't know that was a book tbh
European guy turns himself invisible then when confronted about becomes a felon
Reply 17
Original post by V℮rsions
European guy turns himself invisible then when confronted about becomes a felon

the invisible man? whoa that sounds interesting now
The odyssey, hero takes way to long to get home bunch of weird **** happens in between
Original post by kcsjeo
slumdog millionaire? didn't know that was a book tbh

That is the name of the film to that book, precisely! the name of the book is Q and A.

Next summarize: A gentleman who is everywhere in time goes around the world, gets arrested, finds his love and wins a bet.

Quick Reply

Latest