A girl called me short.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I met a girl from tinder and when she met she told me that I am short. I am 172cm and she was shorter than me. Though I didn't take it seriously. Then again next day I was chatting with a girl and when I told my height she unmatched me.Is it really bad for guys who are similar height as mine? I am new in dating life so looking for suggestion.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re of about average height.

Rather than thinking of this as an impediment to you dating these girls, instead think of it as a filter, removing from your life the girls who are so incredibly shallow that they will reject you for not being a towering giant. Those were people you were never going to have a long, happy relationship with one way or another.
dhduhsudh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
she seems shallow. i'd say good riddance.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s a fact that the shorter you are, the less women you attract. Not saying all though.

Just look for someone who’s a decent height for you, and who would appreciate you for you.
Kovalensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
172cm is 5'7'', almost 5'8''. Some girls want someone taller. Whachagonnado.
Last edited by Kovalensky; 1 month ago
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am quite the same height as you and I never found it a problem. If you are really that conscious of your height, mention your height in your tinder bio. That way you can filter out those girls and save yourself from listening that you are short.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
172cm is 5'7'', almost 5'8''. Some girls want someone taller. Whachagonnado.
every girl wants taller.

(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
I am quite the same height as you and I never found it a problem. If you are really that conscious of your height, mention your height in your tinder bio. That way you can filter out those girls and save yourself from listening that you are short.
how tall are you?
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
It's a tiny bit below average male height and taller than most women, I doubt that many women irl would be bothered but people on dating apps are rather shallow (a lot of that is just how the apps work). It's not even necessarily a disadvantage as some women prefer men who are a similar height or shorter (and short women probably aren't going to be as into people who are like a foot taller than them).
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Kinda rude of her tbh, i mean you are taller than lots of women.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
every girl wants taller.
Not true As a girl, I don't really care much abt height, and neither do my female friends
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
loads of girls would be fine with your height imo
I wouldnt worry about it if I were you as your not even short your basically average
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omds whats the fascination with such tall men- no shade to tall guys tho
Height does not conflate to strength, u can still "look up" to them if they're a few inches taller fgs
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People and their obsession with their appearance. :/ so annoying
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On tinder, there's something of a trend for women under 30 refusing to consider guys shorter than 6'2 or 6'4.
Quite a few 18-28 year old heterosexual women emphasize their minimum height dealbreaker in their tinder profile and other online hookup/dating profiles.
You can add your height to your online profiles to weed out

Try not to worry about it.
Different girls have very different attraction dealbreakers and dating preferences.
Most girls with some physical looks based attraction connected dealbreakers will only date guys who are taller than them.
While some girls have no height related preferences, will consider guys the same height or only date guys shorter than them.
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Should've told her you make up for your lack of height by being big in other areas :borat:
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
You’re of about average height.

Rather than thinking of this as an impediment to you dating these girls, instead think of it as a filter, removing from your life the girls who are so incredibly shallow that they will reject you for not being a towering giant. Those were people you were never going to have a long, happy relationship with one way or another.
PRSOM

OP, don't worry, you dodged a bullet
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
funny thing is if you asked her boob size then unmatched her you would be a sexist pig
hungrysalamander
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ask her about her weight
ScootNoot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately not much you can do about it. Though your height is still taller than most women, and any woman worth your time won't be put off by it.

Maybe I'm weird, but my ideal is 5'8"-5'10", though I don't automatically discount anyone who falls outside those parameters. I'm a little on the shorter side, so people above 6' intimidate me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed