babek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
any secret revision tips that not many people know about? idk how to revise i feel like making notes isnt that effective
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ayura)
any secret revision tips that not many people know about? idk how to revise i feel like making notes isnt that effective
Disclaimer
What might not work for you, might work for someone else.

But scientifically, it actually isn’t very efficient. It’s actually the least effective way to revise.

I think you need to search what works for you, we are habituated in rewriting notes and highlighting by our teachers, but they don’t actually expose you to the variety of revision methods available.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
aliyahh10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
- cue cards (trigger words/phrases for active recall)
- making presentations and acting as if you're teaching someone else
- past papers are useful in knowing what you need to work more on and what you're fine with - also helps with time management
- go over your notes before sleeping, as the brain processes information better while sleeping so if its well revised it'll be easier to recall
- mnemonics
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I practiced every single past paper I could get my hands on, and quite often redoing the same papers several times over the course of the year(s). I memorised the answers to the most common questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%