English Language Paper 2 June 2020

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cupcakepwincess
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey guys, I am doing this paper, the sources are from Touching the Void, and Climbing the Meije. I would appreciate it so so much if anyone had the questions or remembers doing them from last year. Thanks <3
Hdjdjnzjdje
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by cupcakepwincess)
Hey guys, I am doing this paper, the sources are from Touching the Void, and Climbing the Meije. I would appreciate it so so much if anyone had the questions or remembers doing them from last year. Thanks <3
Hi I did this paper last week! Hope this helps x

Q1 tick box question (I put c,d,f,h but I don’t have the mark Scheme so am not certain it is correct)

Q2 both writers are accompanied by another person on their adventure: Simon in source A and Marius in source b. Write a summary about the differences between the two companions.

Q3 refer to source A from lines 23 to 31, how does the writer use language to describe how he feels.

Q4 refer to the whole of source A and B, compare how the writers convert their different feelings and perspectives on their adventures in the mountains.
cupcakepwincess
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
t

(Original post by Hdjdjnzjdje)

Q1 tick box question (I put c,d,f,h but I don’t have the mark Scheme so am not certain it is correct)

Q2 both writers are accompanied by another person on their adventure: Simon in source A and Marius in source b. Write a summary about the differences between the two companions.

Q3 refer to source A from lines 23 to 31, how does the writer use language to describe how he feels.

Q4 refer to the whole of source A and B, compare how the writers convert their different feelings and perspectives on their adventures in the mountains.
thank you!! xxx
jenna13242
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
t

thank you!! xxx

could u tell me three differences between simon and marius for p2 please x
Last edited by jenna13242; 8 months ago
ts6232
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
i wrote about how joe in source A is very pessimistic and how he has a negative attitude to everything , i also included how he felt defeated an example of this is through the qoute “I pressed my face into the snow, gritted my teeth, and waited" , this can be interpreted in many ways one coudl be that he is waiting for his death to come take him away and free him from pain and so on

Source B is much more optimistic and hopeful and is the exact opposite of the climber in source B
You should pick a quote and tear it apart and analyse for each bullet point and include both sources in each paragraph for each bullet point , compare in the same paragraph as it makes it easier
, its not very developed but its just some ideas for you

2nd point could be how one is accompanied by a friend and the other by a stranger
Karryjells12
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Thx sm x do u have any quotes to show how one companion is a friend and the other companion is a stranger
ts6232
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Karryjells12)
Thx sm x do u have any quotes to show how one companion is a friend and the other companion is a stranger
In the description of Source A we are told "Joe simpson describes how he and fellow climber simon yates..." and one would be right to assume that they are friends.

And in Source B it states "i left here on Friday , having hired a local guide , Marius"
maddieparker
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
do u know question 4 answer ideas?
daphmcc
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
you've saved my life!!
Tfhisihf
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

What was question 5?
rubyxroo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
if i’m doing my english language mock (aka gcse) on monday do you think this’ll be the paper for it? they haven’t given us any hints for english language
schoolislife!
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rubyxroo)
if i’m doing my english language mock (aka gcse) on monday do you think this’ll be the paper for it? they haven’t given us any hints for english language
Welp, same here. I'm with Edexcel and they said it would be a 12 mark question on either Explorer's Daughter and/or Passage To Africa. And then we'd have to either write a persuasive speech or leaflet. Idk if you are using the same board tho?
rubyxroo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
my exam board is AQA i’m p sure
JDK1968
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 months ago

i need a model answer for Q4 i'm dying
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (19)
7.51%
October 2021 (119)
47.04%
November 2021 (27)
10.67%
December 2021 (32)
12.65%
January 2021 (21)
8.3%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (27)
10.67%