Hate being Pakistani

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone ever wish they were never born in a Pakistani household.
Why does everything have to be so toxic, behind the doors, and suffocating. I mean, you can't even get out of it without completely cutting off...
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't blame it on being Pakistani since I've met many Pakistani families who don't have a backwards or nationalist mindset. Get counselling or something
PrathHere
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live in a Sri Lankan household with strict parents so I can relate. I'm not allowed to go to my friend's houses for sleepovers, I can't even hang out with them after school. I've been forced to stay home for the majority of my life. Exams and academics are our only priority, it seems. I do worry that our childhood is being killed off. Like how white people in the movies sneak out to the cinema late, or have their first kiss at teen age.
Our parents promise that if we do our exams well, life will be good in the future. So I guess, we just gotta keep the grind up and keep working hard while they enjoy. We'll have our time later, I hope.
But no matter what happens - you should never say that you hate your own culture. We're actually lucky to even have a culture!
Last edited by PrathHere; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
There are also families in western countries who are more toxic than Pakistani families.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's a problem in your family so stop blaming the whole Pakistani community for that. There are also families in western countries who are more toxic than Pakistani families.
Solid point, guess people just prefer to blame nebulus things that they can't control, as it's easier to do.
Anonymous #1
It's a problem in your family so stop blaming the whole Pakistani community for that. There are also families in western countries who are more toxic than Pakistani families.
True.

(Original post by ROTL94)
Solid point, guess people just prefer to blame nebulus things that they can't control, as it's easier to do.
It's a coping mechanism...
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exactly, it's like me blaming a whole country because 1 specific family from that nation did something
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
True.

It's a coping mechanism...
What does it get you except self hatred? Pretty poor zero sum 'coping mechanism'
Anonymous #1
Wow. Genuinely didn't expect so much hate. Guess I can't escape it both privately and publicly now.
PrathHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
What does it get you except self hatred? Pretty poor zero sum 'coping mechanism'
They want something to blame, to feel less alienated with themself. A lot of Desi kids compare their lifestyles to Western kids, and feel envious, when in reality, Desi households offer the same level of security and comfort. They'll be more grateful in the future.
tsrholicc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you being mobbed/ganged up on/collectively abused by your family? It happens in white families too, especially eastern european ones
PrathHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow. Genuinely didn't expect so much hate. Guess I can't escape it both privately and publicly now.
It's the way you worded it 'hate being Pakistani' - it's like spitting on your own culture. White culture isn't any better.
Your parents probably worked so hard to immigrate to a safe country and raise you. I'm not trying to be aggressive, I thought the same as you for a long time.
Last edited by PrathHere; 1 month ago
tsrholicc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PrathHere)
It's the way you worded it 'hate being Pakistani' - it's like spitting on your own culture. White culture isn't any better.
Modern western/white culture is exponentially better and objectively superior to 5000 or 1400 year old barbaric cultures
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You exuded self hatred from the first post and that is what you got in return.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you thinking about that woman who was murdered?
Anonymous #1
Your parents probably worked so hard to immigrate to a safe country and raise you. I'm not trying to be aggressive, I thought the same as you for a long time.
I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for actually hearing me out and being nicer compared to the rest over here <3
tsrholicc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
White culture isn't any better

There is no such thing as 'white culture'
Excellence right here folks. You'd be a great scammer
AstaYunoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You hate your household, not your ethnicity, think about all the great pakistani's out there singers, cricketers, to nobel peace prize winners
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
yh i hate being pakistani myself i have a big nose and my family are very strict on education like you have to get good grades and to get a job and do do bad things like not having a bf/gf. Like familys household is full on strict lmao as we are pakistani I hate the food aswell and my parents shout at me and tell me things that I do not like

I am 16 sooo yhhhh
PrathHere
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can see where you're coming from. Thanks for actually hearing me out and being nicer compared to the rest over here <3
No worries, probably best to ignore the comments from everyone else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.61%
England (124)
33.24%
Belgium (29)
7.77%
Germany (40)
10.72%
Spain (8)
2.14%