LaurenElle96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a mature student (25 in 2 months) and return to education in September to study Access to Humanities & Social Sciences and also a Level 2 qualification in Mathematics (equal to a GCSE).

My goal is to go on to study law.
Not the best GCSEs as I was estranged from my family at 15 and school suffered as a consequence (along with undiagnosed ADD).
I have C in English Language & Literature, B in Religious studies and also a pass in ICT.

I will be studying English Literature, History, and Sociology during the access course.
Would an application to Oxbridge be a waste of a UCAS application?
nutellaforlife
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yepp but no harm in trying
Mordekaiser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LaurenElle96)
I’m a mature student (25 in 2 months) and return to education in September to study Access to Humanities & Social Sciences and also a Level 2 qualification in Mathematics (equal to a GCSE).

Not the best GCSEs as I was estranged from my family at 15 and school suffered as a consequence (along with undiagnosed ADD).
I have C in English Language & Literature, B in Religious studies and also a pass in ICT.

I will be studying English Literature, History, and Sociology during the access course.
I know a few mature students who got into Cambridge for Law through Access to HE. Just aim to get all distinctions on your course.
St Edmund's Admission
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LaurenElle96)

Hi, I'm one of the Admissions Tutors at the mature colleges in Cambridge. We have 3 colleges exclusively for students aged over 21, welcome mature learners and are experienced in supporting them and helping them to thrive at Cambridge. Our typical offer from an access course would be 45 distinctions at level 3. Access to Humanities and Social Sciences is great preparation for many of our courses, including Law (it may even be better preparation for the way Cambridge approaches Law than an access to law course).

Feel free to PM any questions or email [email protected] to set up a 1:1 video call.
Last edited by St Edmund's Admission; 1 month ago
NovaeSci
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by St Edmund's Admission)
Hi, I'm one of the Admissions Tutors at the mature colleges in Cambridge. We have 3 colleges exclusively for students aged over 21, welcome mature learners and are experienced in supporting them and helping them to thrive at Cambridge. Our typical offer from an access course would be 45 distinctions at level 3. Access to Humanities and Social Sciences is great preparation for many of our courses, including Law (it may even be better preparation for the way Cambridge approaches Law than an access to law course).

Feel free to PM any questions or email [email protected] to set up a 1:1 video call.
Apologies for hijacking, but I'm studying an Access to HE course in Maths and Physics at the University of Glasgow (40 credits in total) and wondered if this is enough to get on to the Natural Science program (in the direction of Physics)? I'm a mature student aged 32.

Many thanks,

Mike
Last edited by NovaeSci; 1 month ago
St Edmund's Admission
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NovaeSci)
Apologies for hijacking, but I'm studying an Access to HE course in Maths and Physics at the University of Glasgow (40 credits in total) and wondered if this is enough to get on to the Natural Science program (in the direction of Physics)? I'm a mature student aged 32.

Many thanks,

Mike
Sorry, I'm afraid access courses on their own aren't usually sufficient for our science courses with the exception of Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (22)
30.14%
No (51)
69.86%

Watched Threads