?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why or why not?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suspect they’re out there somewhere, because it just seems likely that they have arisen, given that we arose and there are trillions more planets out there. I don’t think any have made contact with us.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not believing in aliens is like getting a cup of water from the ocean and saying "I don't believe in sharks because there are no sharks in my cup"
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cıllıan)
Not believing in aliens is like getting a cup of water from the ocean and saying "I don't believe in sharks because there are no sharks in my cup"
Wow that’s actually an excellent analogy.

Conspiracy theorists will tell you that there IS a shark in your cup, and invent fantastic reasons why you can’t see it
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course. It would be stupid to disagree.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean sentinent extra-terrestrial life forms located on other planets orgalazies far from earth & the milky way? :confused:
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like that.
JoshDarnIt_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You mean aliens as in, life outside of our planet, or aliens as in "little grey men with black eyes and long spindly fingers who go around in flying saucers abducting humans"?

The former yes, the latter no
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes-Pentagon has released footage documenting the experience that 2 US fighter jet pilots had with a "tic-tac".

Spoiler:
Show
though it seemed like it was filmed on a potato
Bushyasta
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by galaxyhunt24)
Why or why not?
When you make such threads you should tag me please.

And of course is not a matter of belief here.

I can't go and analyse for ages but I am listening to your questions...
Bushyasta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
Yes-Pentagon has released footage documenting the experience that 2 US fighter jet pilots had with a "tic-tac".

Spoiler:
Show
though it seemed like it was filmed on a potato
This matter you describe is much more complex and should not be ridiculed..
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the master <3

Last edited by A Rolling Stone; 1 month ago
Bushyasta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know where you got this one from but it's the right approach.

There are about 2,000 Billion Galaxies in the Universe and every galaxy on average contains 100 Billion Stars. You can imagine what the odds are of finding life.

Furthermore you don't have to go far away.
Mars, Titan, Europa, probably support life the moment we speak. Especially Europa cold have an ecosystem underneath its icy surface.
A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bushyasta)
This matter you describe is much more complex and should not be ridiculed..
Ye bro I definitely believe it was real-it was amazing to see how quickly the tic tac could accelerate and outcompete the most advanced jets in the world.
There is life out there, and they are much more advanced than we are
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by galaxyhunt24)
Why or why not?
yes.

I was followed home by some once. (I posted about it once before)
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do yes - I think the universe would be too big and lonely for us to be completely alone. I also think complex life forms (like ourselves) must be pretty rare though as well.
BigShaq6969
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good evening everyone,
Before answering this question, we must create an objective definition of what an 'alien' entails.
So, an alien should refer to any extraterrestrial life forms, in my opinion. After establishing this definition, we can successfully debate the existence of aliens.
Due to the stereotypical perception of aliens as being green with large eyes, I would argue I am a bit skeptical if these type of 'aliens' exist.
However, if one were to focus solely on aliens as an extraterrestrial lifeform, yes, I would argue I do believe in aliens.
It would be absurd to argue that extraterrestrial life does not exist as we are such a small part of the universe that surely, life must exist elsewhere.
I understand why in the past, religions such as Christianity preached humans are at the centre of creation and after studying Philosophical arguments such as the Design Argument and the Anthropic Principle (which argues the universe was created to support human life) people may come to the conclusion Earth is the only place where life exists.
However, due to several technological advancements, we can gain a deeper understanding of the universe. Through studying astronomy and the cosmos, one must believe other lifeforms exist. If not, we are extremely lucky that Earth is the only planet which supports human life.
I hope you find my answer to this question helpful.
Kind Regards,
BigShaq6969.
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads