The Student Room Group

OSPAP 2021 Enquiries

I wish to ask the following questions before submiting my OSPAP application:
1. In what format should the IELTS result submitted. I contacted british and GPhC is not listed as one of the organisations that have started receiving test reports electronically.
2. I have NARIC statement of comparabilty recently from NARIC. Is this acceptable or do I have to get another one from ENIC.
3. Should the certified copy of my certificates and other supporting documents be scanned and sent by me via email? Or is it the original copy that should be sent?
4. How do I go about securing a place for pre-reg and how soon can I secure a place? Is it possible to get a place and still meet up with September intake?
5. Any ideas about institutions that are still accepting applications. Thanks in anticipation

ThankS in anticipation.

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,
1. I have added the organisation manually for IELTS results to be sent to, they do not include gphc in their list.
2. I am sure it is valid, as I am going to submit my Old naric one as well.
3. I am certain that they need these documents by post only.
4. Sign in to ORIEL and they will start launching the employment for pre-reg options soon in JUNE.
5. Did you mean applications for OSPAP? You want to know the universities? sorry did not get your question.

When are you looking to submit all the documents to gphc?
I am concerned that my transcript will only be ready next month.
Reply 2
Original post by Falguni24
Hi there,
1. I have added the organisation manually for IELTS results to be sent to, they do not include gphc in their list.
2. I am sure it is valid, as I am going to submit my Old naric one as well.
3. I am certain that they need these documents by post only.
4. Sign in to ORIEL and they will start launching the employment for pre-reg options soon in JUNE.
5. Did you mean applications for OSPAP? You want to know the universities? sorry did not get your question.

When are you looking to submit all the documents to gphc?
I am concerned that my transcript will only be ready next month.

Thanks so much for your response.
3. In an email I received earlier by gphc, they stated that all documents should be sent to them by email and that they are not accepting any documents by post as they are all working from home.
5. Yes. I mean application for OSPAP (universities)
I hope to submit my applications next week. Im yet to notarize my documents. Im yet to fill the forms as well. Though I have all the documents ready now. I just passed the English test. I hope you get your transcript on time. Have you thought of mailing GPhC to ask if its possible to submit your application with the transcript pending? U may want to do that because I think I saw something on the website that states that special considerations can be made in case you are not able to get your transcript. Not really sure if that means it can be waved but I think itss worth asking.
Hey, congratulations, ielts has been very difficult. Got my second try tomorrow. How did you find the exam?
Reply 4
Hey, congratulations, ielts has been very difficult. Got my second try tomorrow. How did you find the exam?

It was my fourth attempt. It was tough. I passed the last one when I have almost given up. I wish you all the best tomorrow. Are you aware GPhC now accepts OET which I think is an easier exam to pass
Original post by Solaek
It was my fourth attempt. It was tough. I passed the last one when I have almost given up. I wish you all the best tomorrow. Are you aware GPhC now accepts OET which I think is an easier exam to pass

Yes I read about OET. If I need to do the exam again, I might book both now. Or just try the COmputer based ielts because they launch the results in 5 days. Trying to not be later than one more month to get this.
ONly two things left now for me: Ielts and the transcripts. Although, I want to just submit my form as soon as now. solicitor and translation will take some time anyway for me.

3. I am sure you have to post the form and original certificate with the birth certificate, NAric and passport copy certified. The rest of the references letters and documents can be sent through email.

5. GPHC will send your letter to three of them that you selected, but they advise us to contact them directly as well. I have already created my account in Aston uni, and they have replied me saying only thing left its the letter form gphc to be confirmed. I feel my name is registered and might help me get through even if the letter is issued late.
Thankyou. Hoping for the best :smile:
Reply 7
Yes I read about OET. If I need to do the exam again, I might book both now. Or just try the COmputer based ielts because they launch the results in 5 days. Trying to not be later than one more month to get this.
ONly two things left now for me: Ielts and the transcripts. Although, I want to just submit my form as soon as now. solicitor and translation will take some time anyway for me.

3. I am sure you have to post the form and original certificate with the birth certificate, NAric and passport copy certified. The rest of the references letters and documents can be sent through email.

5. GPHC will send your letter to three of them that you selected, but they advise us to contact them directly as well. I have already created my account in Aston uni, and they have replied me saying only thing left its the letter form gphc to be confirmed. I feel my name is registered and might help me get through even if the letter is issued late.

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and contact the schools then. Im still trying to decide on which school to choose between Aston and Sunderland.
I like the idea of going for the computer based test for faster results. Wish you all the best.
Reply 8

Hi. By saying you created your account with Aston, did you mean you applied for OSPAP? If yes, did you add your secondary school qualifications subject by subject?
Thanks in advance
Reply 9

Hey, I am applying for OSPAP this year. Would you please guide me regarding certain things?
Reply 10
Original post by krish725
Hey, I am applying for OSPAP this year. Would you please guide me regarding certain things?

Post your questions, I will try and answer to the best of my knowledge.
Original post by Solaek
Post your questions, I will try and answer to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you Solaek.
I don't know if I'm too late to apply for my application this year. Also, I don't have any work experience as I completed my bachelor's in Pharmacy two years ago and after that, I applied for a master's in Pharmacy. Currently, I'm in my final year. Would the lack of work experience will affect my application? Also, what should be the format of academic references?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Thank you Solaek.
I don't know if I'm too late to apply for my application this year. Also, I don't have any work experience as I completed my bachelor's in Pharmacy two years ago and after that, I applied for a master's in Pharmacy. Currently, I'm in my final year. Would the lack of work experience will affect my application?

Regarding the timing of your application, you can still apply this year. I dont think GPhC has a deadline for accepting and processing applications. However, Oriel applications window closes on 23rd of this month(hope u understand what that means) and you may not be able to apply for pre-reg positions through Oriel this year because you need GPhC letter and school admission letter to apply on Oriel. Although some people believe you can manage to secure pre-reg positions outside Oriel. Having said that, you can still go ahead with your application to GPhC and note that the adjudication letter can still be used up to next year Sept entry.
So I will advice you to go ahead and get the letter from GPhC first. U can later contact the school to ask if you can still apply this year. Nothing is impossible
Original post by Solaek
Regarding the timing of your application, you can still apply this year. I dont think GPhC has a deadline for accepting and processing applications. However, Oriel applications window closes on 23rd of this month(hope u understand what that means) and you may not be able to apply for pre-reg positions through Oriel this year because you need GPhC letter and school admission letter to apply on Oriel. Although some people believe you can manage to secure pre-reg positions outside Oriel. Having said that, you can still go ahead with your application to GPhC and note that the adjudication letter can still be used up to next year Sept entry.
So I will advice you to go ahead and get the letter from GPhC first. U can later contact the school to ask if you can still apply this year. Nothing is impossible

Thanks a lot, Solaek, for the information. And thanks for the important information regarding Oriel application deadline, I wasn't aware of it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Thanks a lot, Solaek, for the information. And thanks for the important information regarding Oriel application deadline, I wasn't aware of it.

You are welcome. And you dont really need pharmacy work experience to be eligible to apply to GPhC. The requirement is Pharmacy degree and (may be) registration with the professional governing body of your country. However, you must be able to give details of your engagements/employments (whether pharmacy related or not) to cover any employment gap.
Original post by Solaek
You are welcome. And you dont really need pharmacy work experience to be eligible to apply to GPhC. The requirement is Pharmacy degree and (may be) registration with the professional governing body of your country. However, you must be able to give details of your engagements/employments (whether pharmacy related or not) to cover any employment gap.

Okay. I actually started my master's in pharmacy soon after my bachelor's degree. But I'm applying based on my B. Pharm degree. And I'm confused whether I need to provide a reference letter from my B. Pharm tutors or M.Pharm tutors?
Reply 16
Okay. I actually started my master's in pharmacy soon after my bachelor's degree. But I'm applying based on my B. Pharm degree. And I'm confused whether I need to provide a reference letter from my B. Pharm tutors or M.Pharm tutors?

From your Bpharm tutor is okay
Original post by Solaek
From your Bpharm tutor is okay

okay. Thank you Solaek.
Reply 18
Hello. Does anybody know that is there any chance that I can start my ospap this academic year. As I have submitted all other documents to gphc along with my application form except IELTS. I am gonna resit Ielts next week for the third time and I still don't know if it would be my last IELTS attempt or I am gonna attempt again in august. Am I too late with my IELTS?
Original post by naeems
Hello. Does anybody know that is there any chance that I can start my ospap this academic year. As I have submitted all other documents to gphc along with my application form except IELTS. I am gonna resit Ielts next week for the third time and I still don't know if it would be my last IELTS attempt or I am gonna attempt again in august. Am I too late with my IELTS?

You are not the only one. I am going through the same sutuation as you. Cannot believe there are people sturggling the same way as me. I am having difficulties with writing . Stuck with 6,5. What about you?

I think we have 50:50 chances. When I rang Aston yesterday , they said only few seats are left. Have you done the payment to gphc ?

Quick Reply

Latest