The Student Room Group

My job problem

Hi, i'm in a bit of an awkward position at the moment where i finish high school this month and my mum wants me to get a job (i do too btw for many reasons) but I am still 15 and I don't turn 16 until late august. I've been looking around and I know a lot of places require you to be at school leaving age but what if I've already left school and im still 15? ma ny thanks
You could get a job at 15, however this is very rare. I’d recommend waiting until a week or 2 before you’re 16 so you could be 16 by the time you start hopefully!
Reply 2
Original post by jwalker109685
Hi, i'm in a bit of an awkward position at the moment where i finish high school this month and my mum wants me to get a job (i do too btw for many reasons) but I am still 15 and I don't turn 16 until late august. I've been looking around and I know a lot of places require you to be at school leaving age but what if I've already left school and im still 15? ma ny thanks

Try smaller or individual cafes/restaurants/pubs/shops in your local area? Email or walk-in, asking for the manager, with your CV, and ask if they have any vacancies currently or coming up?
My friend is in the same position as you but managed to land a part-time job in an individual, local art shop.
Boots also hire at 15.
You could pot wash, babysit, dog walk, paper round?
Or apply for jobs now but start when you turn 16 - the recruitment process takes a little while anyway.
Or in the meantime you could volunteer somewhere to build up experience.
Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending