jwalker109685
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i'm in a bit of an awkward position at the moment where i finish high school this month and my mum wants me to get a job (i do too btw for many reasons) but I am still 15 and I don't turn 16 until late august. I've been looking around and I know a lot of places require you to be at school leaving age but what if I've already left school and im still 15? ma ny thanks
Sparker25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could get a job at 15, however this is very rare. I’d recommend waiting until a week or 2 before you’re 16 so you could be 16 by the time you start hopefully!
hollyf24
Badges: 9
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jwalker109685)
Hi, i'm in a bit of an awkward position at the moment where i finish high school this month and my mum wants me to get a job (i do too btw for many reasons) but I am still 15 and I don't turn 16 until late august. I've been looking around and I know a lot of places require you to be at school leaving age but what if I've already left school and im still 15? ma ny thanks
Try smaller or individual cafes/restaurants/pubs/shops in your local area? Email or walk-in, asking for the manager, with your CV, and ask if they have any vacancies currently or coming up?
My friend is in the same position as you but managed to land a part-time job in an individual, local art shop.
Boots also hire at 15.
You could pot wash, babysit, dog walk, paper round?
Or apply for jobs now but start when you turn 16 - the recruitment process takes a little while anyway.
Or in the meantime you could volunteer somewhere to build up experience.
Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (151)
43.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed