social anxiety?? what to do

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi!!! just thought id make a post here
so i finally got to a stage just before lockdown that meant i could actually go up and talk to anyone irl (after being super reserved for so long), but then lockdown happened, and i cant do it anymore? being around people at all now makes me so stressed lol. i want to talk to people so bad but when i actually try to do it i just suddenly get so stressed, and i freeze up and i just constantly feel like im being watched wherever i go haha, even if im alone?
i think part of it might be because of constantly being ignored by my friends irl lol. no matter how hard i try to talk to them they just kinda block me out completely, and now i cant talk to anyone else because of it, which is just great

• :awesome:

im so stressed
kitkatsnickers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried medication?
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exposing yourself to uncomfortable situations repeatedly is literally the only thing that will work. You just have to accept that you will feel awkward the first few times. Try to avoid fixating on perceived social **** ups, and keep going until its no longer awkward. Relentlessly pursue discomfort.

A psychologist will pretty much just get you to do this in smaller chunks, and pills don't fix the underlying problem.
Last edited by chlamydia9000; 1 month ago
vice2vursa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why the hell does social anxiety exist?? Its like I was Literally put on this earth to be uncomfortable all the time and ashamed of my inability to interact with most people on any meaningful level. Makes me really angry, jealous and envious of more outgoing people. Sometimes that envy borders on hatred to the point watching certaint people go through a hard time in life brings me comfort.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads