playhouse montessori nursery scam

Watch
Thewatcher2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a hard working single mum. I signed up my child to a nursery. After the registration i paid a deposit and set everything up. I received an email with an invoice asking me to pay £10 a day for lunch. They wanted an extra few hundred a month just for my 2 year olds lunch. I signed the contract before they told me this. Now I’m stuck and don’t no what to do. Is this normal. How can they do this and get away with it. I am really stuck now: someone please help
Gazelleintense
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What did the contact you signed say about lunches? It should have been clear if they were included or not. If it didn’t say, they can’t now charge you this when you didn’t agree to it in the contract. £10 a day is ridiculously high. I would have expected £2-£3. You could get a nice meal at a restaurant for £10! One of my children previously attended a nursery and lunch was included in the cost of the day. £200 extra a month for lunches is a rip off!
Thewatcher2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gazelleintense)
What did the contact you signed say about lunches? It should have been clear if they were included or not. If it didn’t say, they can’t now charge you this when you didn’t agree to it in the contract. £10 a day is ridiculously high. I would have expected £2-£3. You could get a nice meal at a restaurant for £10! One of my children previously attended a nursery and lunch was included in the cost of the day. £200 extra a month for lunches is a rip off!
That’s exactly it. Nothing is mentioned until you sign the contract and pay the deposit. Unbelievable rip off!
WillicaP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yea I can see how that is a rip off. I live in Croydon and this nursery is horrible. I have heard some nightmare from this place. take your child out asap if you love them.
Thewatcher2002
Rep:
?
Oh seriously? Why you say this? I have heard some stuff aswell.
WillicaP
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thewatcher2002)
My mother in law used this nursery in the past. She took her grand daughter out within 2 weeks. Kept coming home starving, crying with hunger. They are money hungry. If a nursery is a money hungry is dangerous. It means they value money over your child. Take him out ASAP
sarah817
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a mum I was curious. Too many nurseries like the place above. I just did a quick search on them and it all looks very shady, with no information about management or pictures. Very shady reviews all from guest on mumnet. Avoid.
Thewatcher2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarah817)
As a mum I was curious. Too many nurseries like the place above. I just did a quick search on them and it all looks very shady, with no information about management or pictures. Very shady reviews all from guest on mumnet. Avoid.
Oh that is so true. I didn’t think of this. I did not even ask about their qualifications, experience. Nothing I am at fault here. I should have. How strange to think of nursery without a team page or pictures.
sarah817
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thewatcher2002)
Hey you better be careful. while doing more research I found this

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreute...firstPage=true

I am shocked at reading this. They were taken to court by an ex employee. They sound like horrible people.
Bennie629
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarah817)
Hey you better be careful. while doing more research I found this

https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreute...firstPage=true

I am shocked at reading this. They were taken to court by an ex employee. They sound like horrible people.
I am from Norwood in London. I have heard horrible stuff about this place. Just avoid to be safe
hotpud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Give them notice and in the mean time you are going to have to go through the rigourmorole of making your child packed lunches / snacks.

Nurseries are a money making racket and you completely have my sympathies. The day I stopped forking out £12k a year for someone to look after my kids couldn't come soon enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30.88%
No (47)
69.12%

Watched Threads