The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Its close to the deadline and my last choice are dragging their feet on an offer

I have already received offers from all my other choices and I know what university I want to make my firm choice however to make it my firm choice I need all my offers back by 20th May. It's in 2 weeks and the university of Sheffield are dragging their feet on their offer. I considered withdrawing my application since it's not even going to be my insurance choice but I feel that would be too hasty of me. But i'm getting so much anxiety thinking about it like what if they've lost my application or are ignoring me. I've had no interview offers and only asked for my BTEC syllabus which is weird since it can be found online anyway. Its exam weeks now and i can't see them requesting an interview this late. They've been very quiet and it's worrying me. What do I do?
Reply 1
I’m in the same situation, though not with Sheffield. It’s been months and months and still heard nothing about an interview!!! I suppose someone’s got to be the last people to receive decisions and we just happen to be the unlucky ones 😅 I was thinking about contacting them but I don’t want to make them feel like I’m pestering them?!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by ..M..
I’m in the same situation, though not with Sheffield. It’s been months and months and still heard nothing about an interview!!! I suppose someone’s got to be the last people to receive decisions and we just happen to be the unlucky ones 😅 I was thinking about contacting them but I don’t want to make them feel like I’m pestering them?!

Omg same. But like I'd understand if I'd applied to do medicine but its human biology and all my other unis replied withing 3 weeks of my application including sheffield hallam. So whyyyyyy is Sheffiled taking so long its really stressing me out a little more communication would be nice but I guess if they dont reply by the 19th then I can always withdraw then.
Reply 3
Original post by hchesman11657
Omg same. But like I'd understand if I'd applied to do medicine but its human biology and all my other unis replied withing 3 weeks of my application including sheffield hallam. So whyyyyyy is Sheffiled taking so long its really stressing me out a little more communication would be nice but I guess if they dont reply by the 19th then I can always withdraw then.

Ya it’s so annoying just waiting around, other people are already firming offers and applying for accommodation etc and we’re here like HURRY UPPP!!!! They should send out emails to reassure people that it’s taking them a while but they’ll get back to us soon😝

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending