The Student Room Group

How to lose 1kg in a week?

I’m currently 69kg and approx 5’4 because of corona and educational stress I gained 15 kg ( I used to be 54kg ). I’m planning on to go back to my normal weight but it’s so hard to lose the weight.

Ideally I want to lose 1kg a week, is this doable?

I tried a calorie deficit of 1427 for awhile but it didn’t work as I gained the weight back as when I stopped going out for walks.

Can anyone advise me please thanks.
Original post by neuoOOO
I’m currently 69kg and approx 5’4 because of corona and educational stress I gained 15 kg ( I used to be 54kg ). I’m planning on to go back to my normal weight but it’s so hard to lose the weight.

Ideally I want to lose 1kg a week, is this doable?

I tried a calorie deficit of 1427 for awhile but it didn’t work as I gained the weight back as when I stopped going out for walks.

Can anyone advise me please thanks.

Try low carb diet or keto.. try to eat something small every 2.5-3hours to speed up your metabolism.. Try not to have any carbs in the evening if possible.. drink plenty of water.. avoid sugars, fruits in the 2nd half of your day (fructose)
Reply 2
Take a massive poo.
Just my uneducated 2p, but you're already very light by many peoples standards so I flat out don't think 1kg a week is doable for you, and a bit concerned with such a large and apparently unrealistic deficit? You were either eating crazy excessively before, or are barely eating now?

Like i'm currently dieting and losing maybe 1.5 KG a week, but i'm a big fat bugger, I have that kind of weight to lose and frankly it's a lot more realistic for me to drop 1750 from my 3500 odd previous intake, I have no idea how it's realistic or even remotely healthy for you at less than half my body weight.
Original post by gogymstuff
Try low carb diet or keto.. try to eat something small every 2.5-3hours to speed up your metabolism.. Try not to have any carbs in the evening if possible.. drink plenty of water.. avoid sugars, fruits in the 2nd half of your day (fructose)

Everything u said has no scientific backing at all and is incorrect except Ur suggestion to drink plenty of water.
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
Just my uneducated 2p, but you're already very light by many peoples standards so I flat out don't think 1kg a week is doable for you, and a bit concerned with such a large and apparently unrealistic deficit? You were either eating crazy excessively before, or are barely eating now?

Like i'm currently dieting and losing maybe 1.5 KG a week, but i'm a big fat bugger, I have that kind of weight to lose and frankly it's a lot more realistic for me to drop 1750 from my 3500 odd previous intake, I have no idea how it's realistic or even remotely healthy for you at less than half my body weight.

How much do you think I should be losing?
I thought losing 1kg a week is normal

I do have fat to lose as have a lot of belly fat ( I look like a pregnant lady ) and back fat, that friends and family have started noticing too. And due to the pandemic I had nothing to do so I would eat junk around 3,000 calories. I eat around 1500-1600 calories now
Original post by neuoOOO
How much do you think I should be losing?
I thought losing 1kg a week is normal

I do have fat to lose as have a lot of belly fat ( I look like a pregnant lady ) and back fat, that friends and family have started noticing too. And due to the pandemic I had nothing to do so I would eat junk around 3,000 calories. I eat around 1500-1600 calories now

I simply don't think you can have that much fat to lose so progress won't be so dramatic.

I see 1KG touted as a max healthy figure to lose a week but with most saying 1 pound a week is more realistic, and they always underline that 1 KG isn't going to be sustainable over time and you will plateau. You might be overweight for your age/height but i suspect still considerably under the human average.

As said, i'm getting away with 1- 1.5 KG losses just now because I am literally TWICE your bodyweight (You understand that saying you have 'lots' of fat and look pregnant makes me roll my eyes a bit :tongue:) And even for me this won't last, a fair bit of what i'm really losing is water weight also i'm shocking my body with healthier food that it has to work a bit harder on but it will get used to this and I expect my losses to settle at about 1 pound week also reasonably soon. And this is is without taking into account that muscle weights more than fat and costs more to maintain etc, eventually i'll get to a point where i'm gaining as much muscle per week that i'm losing in fat for no change on the scales.

Quick Reply

Latest