Grades

Watch
frankieboy123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I'm in my second year of uni, and am just wonddering, if I get mostly 2;1s and first but get A 2;2 or worse a third, could I still achieve my 2;1.
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yep, still doable
depends how you uni computes the final mark
for instance, some do 1:3:5
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
Great thanks, they mostly average it out, but will a third drop my grade if the majority of results are 2:1s or firsts?
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_cosmo_guy)
yep, still doable
depends how you uni computes the final mark
for instance, some do 1:3:5
(Original post by frankieboy123)
Great thanks very much, they mostly average it out, but will a third drop my grade if the majority of results are 2:1s or firsts?, or will it drop the results.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what your average is.
But yes, normally 1 module is unlikely to sink a whole classification.
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
So if I receive a couple 2:2s, but the rest are 2:1s, I could still achieve a 2:1 in music.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So if I receive a couple 2:2s, but the rest are 2:1s, I could still achieve a 2:1 in music.
Its the average that matters. You need to just run the numbers and see where you are.
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
Its the average that matters. You need to just run the numbers and see where you are.

ibe been getting mostly 2:1s and firsts. A couple 2:2s shouldn’t matter to much right?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

ibe been getting mostly 2:1s and firsts. A couple 2:2s shouldn’t matter to much right?
It really depends but most likely you'll be fine as the 1st should boost up your 2.2s

What are your second year grades & how many credits is each module, ill work out your current average.
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
It really depends but most likely you'll be fine as the 1st should boost up your 2.2s

What are your second year grades & how many credits is each module, ill work out your current average.
Hi sorry for the late reply, so here are my modules the marks I currently have, and the modules that add up to my final degree mark.
Curating music- 2 assessments- Presentation 60% ( 70) and viva 40% 72

2, 71
Music on Location- practical worth 70% and viva worth 30 assessment 1 70% and assessment 2 (71)
Placements 50% practical and 50% in class test
Ensemble and enterprise- practical 70/ 100and portfolio 30% 72 out of 100
Music in society- assessment 1 67/100 50% and assessment 2 50% 72/100
And in performance 63% assessment 1 and assessment 2 65%- I am not sure if what percentage these grades make up.
Thats all I have so far. Thanks for your help
Last edited by frankieboy123; 1 month ago
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so module averages:
Curating music - 70.8
2 - 71
Music on Location - 70.3
Ensemble and enterprise - 70.6
Music in society - 69.5
performance (assume 50/50 weighting) - 64

It's not 100% clear on everything but this should be loosely correct.

One thing you also really should find out is how many credits each module is worth, as this will impact the average, so below ill calculate an average assuming all the credits are equal to give you some idea if your average but it wont be completely accurate.

Current average : 69.4%

It seems to me that a first may be possible let alone a 2.1
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)

Hi sorry for the late reply, so here are my modules the marks I currently have, and the modules that add up to my final degree mark.
Curating music- 2 assessments- Presentation 60% ( 70) and viva 40% 72

2, 71
Music on Location- practical worth 70% and viva worth 30 assessment 1 70% and assessment 2 (71)
Placements 50% practical and 50% in class test
Ensemble and enterprise- practical 70/ 100and portfolio 30% 72 out of 100
Music in society- assessment 1 67/100 50% and assessment 2 50% 72/100
And in performance 63% assessment 1 and assessment 2 65%- I am not sure if what percentage these grades make up.
Thats all I have so far. Thanks for your help
wtf who is posting full grades here
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
Just getting help averaging my marks
(Original post by the_cosmo_guy)
wtf who is posting full grades here
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Ok so module averages:
Curating music - 70.8
2 - 71
Music on Location - 70.3
Ensemble and enterprise - 70.6
Music in society - 69.5
performance (assume 50/50 weighting) - 64

It's not 100% clear on everything but this should be loosely correct.

One thing you also really should find out is how many credits each module is worth, as this will impact the average, so below ill calculate an average assuming all the credits are equal to give you some idea if your average but it wont be completely accurate.

Current average : 69.4%

It seems to me that a first may be possible let alone a 2.1
How many 2:2s could I get away with, and also if my dissertation doesn’t workout in my favour, could my other grades still save me.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many 2:2s could I get away with, and also if my dissertation doesn’t workout in my favour, could my other grades still save me.
How many 2.2s you can get depends on the number of credits of each module and how bad a 2.2 you get, for example you could manage a lot more 58/59s but grades close to 50% will pull you down a lot more.

Honestly I think you should target a 1st, your grades are quite close to 70, and you already have received a fair few.
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
How many 2.2s you can get depends on the number of credits of each module and how bad a 2.2 you get, for example you could manage a lot more 58/59s but grades close to 50% will pull you down a lot more.

Honestly I think you should target a 1st, your grades are quite close to 70, and you already have received a fair few.
How many could I get away with, high 2:2s I mean
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How many could I get away with, high 2:2s I mean
As I say its the average so it depends exactly what you get, in every future module above and below 60, and it also matters on how your degree is calculated.

You should make it a priority to find out how your degree is calculated, i.e how much each year is worth, if they use an algorithm.... Try and find this out.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
frankieboy123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyine, I submitted my coversheet for one of my ssignments an hour late, due to severe internet issues. I did recieve an email from turinitin saying I have successfully submitted it. I did explain to my tutor that due to cirsumstacnes outside of my control, I submitted it slightly late. Wil this adffect my mark and will I reieve a penalty.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads