anna_chiari
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I have just received an offer from Edinburgh University for a Phd in comparative Literature. I have two questions: do you have idea by any chance if attendance is compulsory for all the three years or if a Phd student in literature can also do his/her research and writing somewhere else? Plus, I'm still finishing a course in an Artistic Academy and I won't have my degree certificate by the start of the Phd program even if my course will be over by then, is that a problem? is there written somewhere that this cannot happen? Thank you!
Timetogetagrip
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anna_chiari)
Hello everyone, I have just received an offer from Edinburgh University for a Phd in comparative Literature. I have two questions: do you have idea by any chance if attendance is compulsory for all the three years or if a Phd student in literature can also do his/her research and writing somewhere else? Plus, I'm still finishing a course in an Artistic Academy and I won't have my degree certificate by the start of the Phd program even if my course will be over by then, is that a problem? is there written somewhere that this cannot happen? Thank you!
Your best bet is to get in touch with the department and ask them these questions.
Have they given you conditions for the PhD? Is it dependent on you finishing the degree you’re on now?

With regard to attendance, you could freeze the question to them in a way that they don’t know you I hoping not to be there :-) something along the lines of how often I see my supervisor and what are the contact will I get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (68)
30.63%
No (154)
69.37%

Watched Threads