Independant A level, alongside 3 A levels at school???

Watch
jackski!!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I am currently taking History, Geo and Economics A levels but have learnt that in order to do econ at uni and go into financial interships its best u have a Maths A level. I know I am capable of doing Maths but will I be able to do the subject out of school and still get a predicted grade for university? And also how will I go about filling that on UCAS, any ideas?

Thanks!!
Last edited by jackski!!; 1 month ago
samcarolinx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jackski!!)
Hi,
I am currently taking History, Geo and Economics A levels but have learnt that in order to do econ at uni and go into financial interships its best u have a Maths A level. I know I am capable of doing Maths but will I be able to do the subject out of school and still get a predicted grade for university? And also how will I go about filling that on UCAS, any ideas?

Thanks!!
For most economic degrees they want and require maths. There isn't really a point of doing it outside of school you may as well do it as your 4 a level or replace one of the ones you've chosen. Make sure to ask your school. Also think about how your maths independent a level will work if exams are to be cancelled again, because the school obviously don't have any data on how well you are doing in the same conditions as others that take a level maths.
jackski!!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by samcarolinx)
For most economic degrees they want and require maths. There isn't really a point of doing it outside of school you may as well do it as your 4 a level or replace one of the ones you've chosen. Make sure to ask your school. Also think about how your maths independent a level will work if exams are to be cancelled again, because the school obviously don't have any data on how well you are doing in the same conditions as others that take a level maths.
Thanks v much but i doubt they will accept me onto the course because i am well into year 12, i am going to ask if i can join in for year 13 but just am unsure how my predicted will work if i do it independantly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (66)
27.62%
England (82)
34.31%
Belgium (20)
8.37%
Germany (28)
11.72%
Spain (3)
1.26%