Found mistakes in my dissertation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I made the mistake of re-reading my dissertation after submission… The last line of my conclusion is wrong as I wrote “lower” instead of “higher” levels of behaviour, despite talking about higher levels of behaviour throughout the whole rest of the dissertation. I last minute had to make a bunch of tables for my appendix. I think they ended up really messy and confusing and I noticed that I forgot to write et al. in some rows of the tables, and in one row I just wrote Guo, forgetting to write both et al. and the date.... I also labelled one of my tables in the appendix wrong, calling it Figure 6s instead of Figure S6 in the figure legend (and I’m now just realising I probably should have labelled it Table instead of Figure…). Do you think I will be marked down a lot for these errors? Overall, I’m pleased with the main body of writing and so was my supervisor, it’s mainly just these mistakes in the Appendix that I’m concerned about…
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hi, honestly i think these are very minor mistakes! it would be easy to see what you meant, like its not as if you wrote 7A or something when you meant S6 and its not as if you didn't include the reference at all.

More importantly, if you and your supervisor are happy with the main body then i think you will be super fine. Don't worry!

If it makes you feel any better, my dissertation is due in 3 days and i have only 300 words XD i will probably end up having a lot more grammatical errors than you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (133)
42.09%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.54%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.2%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.01%

Watched Threads