The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes vs MMU for Physiotherapy?

I have offers from both for Physio Bsc, but Im torn between them.

MMU seems like a much better Uni program and facilities wise etc, but Oxford seems like a much nicer location and placements to me. But I also read some bad things about OB but Im not 100% sure if theyre true or if its just a loud minority on here....

Its the same degree at the end of the day but I have to live there for 3 yrs and want to make the right choice, Im international student so I cant visit either unfortunately. Any advice?
It isnt going to make any difference career-wise - the NHS will not care where you got your degree and neither will your future patients.
So it come down to where you will feel the most comfortable - massive Uni in big city, smaller Uni in smaller city. Manchester will have lower living costs, Oxford will be more expensive but is a fun place to live.
Reply 2
Yeah I think I prefer the smaller city as Im from a small place myself, but I just read some weird things on this forum about OB having bullying issues and the Uni being badly run. I think thats what scares me a little since Im not from the UK and have no way of knowing its reputation beyond what I can read online
Original post by golfwhiskey
Yeah I think I prefer the smaller city as Im from a small place myself, but I just read some weird things on this forum about OB having bullying issues and the Uni being badly run.

My daughter LOVED Brookes and felt really at home there.
The staff were great, especially when she had a bit of a confidence wobble in her 2nd year ad nearly dropped out.
She loved the shopping, the museums, the river, the cafes - everything. Highly recommended.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
My daughter LOVED Brookes and felt really at home there.
The staff were great, especially when she had a bit of a confidence wobble in her 2nd year ad nearly dropped out.
She loved the shopping, the museums, the river, the cafes - everything. Highly recommended.

Oh thats awesome! Thank you for the vote of confidence. Like I said maybe its just a loud minority complaining... Im still not 100% but its nice to hear a positive view

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending