Ujwal_1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My dad is the biggest penny pincher ever. He gets a pretty good salary yet buys the cheapest of products. He went ahead and bought himself a Samsung Galaxy A12 for like £150 (His previous phone was an S7 Edge). I asked him why he went with such a cheap phone, his reply was "I bet you, you really can't tell the difference between using this, and an Iphone 12, they both make phone calls, they both have a camera..."
Another incident, he was looking at a new car recently, and came across a used Sandero for £1,500. Like, he can easily afford a car like many times the price of that, his reply was "Why waste money on an expensive car? The Sandero does everything a Mercedes does"... Like, I'm struggling to relate with him.
Last edited by Ujwal_1; 1 month ago
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ujwal_1)
My dad is the biggest penny pincher ever. He gets a pretty good salary yet buys the cheapest of products. He went ahead and bought himself a Samsung Galaxy A12 for like £150 (His previous phone was an S7 Edge). I asked him why he went with such a cheap phone, his reply was "I bet you, you really can't tell the difference between using this, and an Iphone 12, they both make phone calls, they both have a camera..."
Another incident, he was looking at a new car recently, and came across a used Sandero for £1,500. Like, he can easily afford a car like many times the price of that, his reply was "Why waste money on an expensive car? The Sandero does everything a Mercedes does"... Like, how can I change his attitude? I really can't relate to him.
lol
Anon???
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Another incident, he was looking at a new car recently, and came across a used Sandero for £1,500. Like, he can easily afford a car like many times the price of that, his reply was "Why waste money on an expensive car? The Sandero does everything a Mercedes does"... Like, how can I change his attitude? I really can't relate to him.
It’s up to him how he spends his money 🤷🏽*♂️
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Like, I'm struggling to relate with him.
You're 16.. do you have a mass amount of personal wealth yourself?
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Another incident, he was looking at a new car recently, and came across a used Sandero for £1,500. Like, he can easily afford a car like many times the price of that, his reply was "Why waste money on an expensive car? The Sandero does everything a Mercedes does"... Like, I'm struggling to relate with him.
Just because you can afford something doesnt mean you should buy it. Some people dont care about having the best and latest material things.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you realise you've not actually explained how he is wrong?

Like what does your merc do many times better that a sandero?
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
to be fair a lot of what he says makes sense. i have a decent amount in savings but i still give myself a spending limit and if i was to ever buy myself a car i would most definitely go for a car that runs well but is second hand rather than buy myself an expensive new car
Omannnae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
bro at least your dad spends money, truly stingy people try to spend other peoples money than their own and they will always look for ways out of spending.

my dad used to be the stingiest person you could meet, you wanna talk phones and cars - this guy wouldn't even buy any drink because 'tap water is free'. yet he'd be too ashamed to serve tap water to his guests so the only time he'd bring drink into the house was when we had family over.

and we'd take the bus every bloody where. even if we were dressed up going to parties he'd make us take the bus in our high heels and fancy clothes. and sometimes we'd be travelling for hours (cos God knows why we always had places to go every ****ing day even though he was an unemployed bum many days) and we'd be travelling for hours and i'd ask him to buy me a drink cos my throat was dry as a desert and he'd snap at me and say No, you can wait till we get home and drink as much water as you want! God he was insufferable. hes only really lightened up now because me and my siblings make good money and don't refrain from spending and he tries to keep up with us so NOW hes not afraid to spend a little extra.... now that we have our own money, NOW he wants to pay for everything. its beyond a joke. urghhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (25)
29.41%
No (60)
70.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise