UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im going to uni in september , when should i book my accomodation
Hey Anonymous!

Great question - I was in the same position last year thinking about accommodation for the University of Reading, and I know it can be quite an overwhelming process as there's so many other things you are trying to prepare for too!
It depends on the university you are applying for, but I know for UoR, the earlier you apply, the better - and the more chance you have of getting the accommodation you wanted. I applied as soon as I knew I wanted to pick UoR as my firm choice and had had a good look at the accommodation choices available. That being said, there are always things left over so even people going through clearing are likely to still be able to get uni accommodation, however, the choices may be more limited.

So, don't panic - you still have time, so don't rush your decision! But I would suggest having a look at applying sooner rather than later, to give you the best chance of getting the place you like best (and just to tick one more thing off your to-do list, as the preparation for uni can make you forget little things you need to complete - at least you know this way that living arrangements is one thing you've got covered! Although you may need to wait until results day for the uni to confirm your place). The process shouldn't be too time-consuming or confusing, and there will always be teams on hand to help if you need it. It was definitely easier than I had anticipated from my experience!

I hope this is helpful in some way and you are all set to go on your university adventure soon!
Let me know if you have any questions!

Skye
1st Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Last edited by UniofReading; 1 month ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im going to uni in september , when should i book my accomodation
Hello!

I would advise you email your Student Housing team at the university that you are thinking of attending as they will have all of the set dates and deadlines that you need to apply by! They will know all about how to apply and how you can pick your preferences for your accommodation

Sam- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (42)
36.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (10)
8.77%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25.44%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.77%

Watched Threads