The Student Room Group

Starting biology degree but can't remember a level content

Im starting a biology degree this September. I can't remember most of my biology a level content as I took a year out. Do I need to go over everything from the a level before I start or will they teach from scratch when I get to uni?
Was biology a required a level for the course?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Was biology a required a level for the course?

Yes it was. Does that mean I'm expected to remember all the content?
Wouldn't be a bad idea to read up on your subject. It's like learning a language. You don't use it, your fluency decreases. But you can quickly build up your fluency again.
Original post by lubeesl
Im starting a biology degree this September. I can't remember most of my biology a level content as I took a year out. Do I need to go over everything from the a level before I start or will they teach from scratch when I get to uni?

no you dont need to. I did a biology course and didn't know anything as I forgot everything and we go through everything. My friend didn't even do a biology subject and it was a massive part for our course and now were going to graduate soon so you'll be fine
Original post by lubeesl
Yes it was. Does that mean I'm expected to remember all the content?

No, just that they won’t start from scratch as it were.
Doing some revision of your notes or reading through to refresh your mind wouldn’t go amiss.
But you’ll find a lot of it will come flooding back when you start no doubt.
You aren't going to be expected to have everything from the A-Level course memorised as soon as you start uni, especially because depending on your a level course and your university course you won't be revisiting some of the a level topics until second or third year. So long as you can still recall the basics you'll be fine. You'll find some things naturally come back to you as you go over them in more detail at uni, and if there is anything you truly can't remember there are always online resources and your a level notes and textbooks to refresh you on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending