Can I go back to my country for summer holiday or do I need to stay in the uk?

Watch
Ohayosandra
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, my student finance got already approved for the 2021/2022 year and my payments are already scheduled as well. I’m just wondering if I am allowed to go back to my country until August/September and then head back again to UK to finish my masters degree? I am doing long distance masters course and I am just wondering if I won’t have any issues if I do go back to my country. I have settled status and I have been in the uk for the past 7 years.
evajones023
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ohayosandra)
Hi guys, my student finance got already approved for the 2021/2022 year and my payments are already scheduled as well. I’m just wondering if I am allowed to go back to my country until August/September and then head back again to UK to finish my masters degree? I am doing long distance masters course and I am just wondering if I won’t have any issues if I do go back to my country. I have settled status and I have been in the uk for the past 7 years.
I would say just to be very mindful of the covid situation. As we have seen things can change overnight and you wouldn't want to be stuck in your home country if you have to come back to the uk to study.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by evajones023)
I would say just to be very mindful of the covid situation. As we have seen things can change overnight and you wouldn't want to be stuck in your home country if you have to come back to the uk to study.
Yeah, seconded. Regardless of your finance or residence status, the COVID travel restriction situation is fairly unpredictable - don’t get caught out!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ohayosandra)
Is travel to your country allowed at the moment?
evajones023
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Yeah, seconded. Regardless of your finance or residence status, the COVID travel restriction situation is fairly unpredictable - don’t get caught out!
Exactly! I'm studying overseas at the moment and I'm just trying to travel as little as possible even though I want to go home of course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed