zarahh09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are some of the problems related to the use of plant-based products to replace oil-based plastics and fuels?
username5741284
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe it can affect biodiversity ?
Theobromine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Plants used for fuels and products can't be used for crops, so there are problems with food supply there. Also there are environmental concerns with the growing of these plants, using pesticides, fertilisers etc. and most likely extra woodland/uncultivated land will have to be processed to make room for these crops, if the local community do not want their agriculture to be impacted. There are also fossil fuels inevitably going to be used in refining and processing the plant matter to make the products and fuels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads