Message to Muslims who use 🧿

Watch
zz2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Fellow Muslim brothers & sisters please stop using 🧿 thinking that it will protect you from evil eye because it really won’t. It’s the biggest sin in Islam, it’s Shirk. It means that you’re associating partners with Allah (SWT), it’s a major sin. After using Tiktok I came to realise how many Muslims actually use it and most are actually misinformed. People have it in their bios, people comment on pics/vids saying ‘MashAllah 🧿’, etc.
Astaghfirullah
Just say MashAllah, that’s it! & here are some useful Surahs & an Ayat from the Qur’an which can be beneficial in protecting one from evil eye:
Surah al-Falaq
Surah an-Naas
Surah al-Ikhlaas
Surah al-Fatiha
Ayat ul-Kursi
Surah Baqarah

“Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.” - Qur’an 4:48

May Allah (SWT) forgive all of our sins, guide us to the straight path & bless us with Jannatul Firdaus, Ameen!
Ulayyaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zz2002)
Fellow Muslim brothers & sisters please stop using 🧿 thinking that it will protect you from evil eye because it really won’t. It’s the biggest sin in Islam, it’s Shirk. It means that you’re associating partners with Allah (SWT), it’s a major sin. After using Tiktok I came to realise how many Muslims actually use it and most are actually misinformed. People have it in their bios, people comment on pics/vids saying ‘MashAllah 🧿’, etc.
Astaghfirullah
Just say MashAllah, that’s it! & here are some useful Surahs & an Ayat from the Qur’an which can be beneficial in protecting one from evil eye:
Surah al-Falaq
Surah an-Naas
Surah al-Ikhlaas
Surah al-Fatiha
Ayat ul-Kursi
Surah Baqarah

“Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.” - Qur’an 4:48

May Allah (SWT) forgive all of our sins, guide us to the straight path & bless us with Jannatul Firdaus, Ameen!
Just curious, what's that symbol? This is the 1st time I saw it
zz2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ulayyaa)
Just curious, what's that symbol? This is the 1st time I saw it
It’s an amulet that people believe will drive away evil eye if someone’s gives it to you
Lmko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I use this symbol to remove hasad and evil eye. It’s not shirk. Shirk is disbelief or having other gods you can’t just accuse someone of shirk just for wearing that.
zz2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lmko)
I use this symbol to remove hasad and evil eye. It’s not shirk. Shirk is disbelief or having other gods you can’t just accuse someone of shirk just for wearing that.
I’m not entirely sure whether if someone just wears it if that’s Shirk, neither did I say it was because I’ve seen many people say they use it for decoration or just because they like it. However, if someone holds the belief that it will protect you from evil eye that is Shirk because you believe something to hold equivalent power to Allah (SWT) to protect you.

If you have a taweez with Quranic Verses there are different opinions
aafak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We use it as a jokeeee, I never thought anyone would use it for its real purpose honestly🌚
Ulayyaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zz2002)
It’s an amulet that people believe will drive away evil eye if someone’s gives it to you
Okay that's insane... and shirk, yes
Ayaanabdi1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lmko)
Believing that an amulet (a symbol for protection is essentially an amulet) will protect you is in fact considered shirk because you are believing that something other than Allah can protect you.

It was narrated from ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani that a group came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [to swear their allegiance (bay’ah) to him]. He accepted the bay’ah of nine of them but not of one of them. They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, you accepted the bay’ah of nine but not of this one.” He said, “He is wearing an amulet.” The man put his hand (in his shirt) and took it off, then he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) accepted his bay’ah. He said, ‘Whoever wears an amulet has committed shirk.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 16969)

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 492.
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lmko)
You guys love baseless superstitions. Can you show me which Prophet or Sahabah painted a rock blue for protection? Shirk is not only worshipping other God's. It is anything that goes against the 3 fundamentals of Tawhīd.

"Those whom they invoke besides Allah have not created anything, but are themselves created. (They are) dead, lifeless..." - Qur'an 16:20

"You worship mere idols instead of God; they are man-made lies. Those you worship (take as protectors) instead of God do not have ability to provide for you" - Qur'an 29:17

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, spells, amulets, and charms are acts of shirk.”
Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 3883
Grade:*Sahih*(authentic) according to Al-Albani

Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever hangs an amulet around his neck, Allah will not fulfill his wishes. Whoever hangs a seashell as a charm, Allah will not leave him without penalty. ”
Source: Musnad Aḥmad 16951
Grade:*Sahih*(authentic) according to Al-Suyuti

What is the difference between you and the Mushrikeen who worshipped rocks by asking them for help/protection in the days of Jahiliyah?
Cıllıan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aafak)
We use it as a jokeeee, I never thought anyone would use it for its real purpose honestly🌚
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever imitates a people is one of them.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Libaas, 3512.)

Since it was created for shirk, it's best not to have it at all whether you believe it or not.
aafak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank u for telling me
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First time I've seen this symbol. Maybe stop using TikTok, that's probably an even greater sin anyway.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
zz2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
First time I've seen this symbol. Maybe stop using TikTok, that's probably an even greater sin anyway.
Thank you for your advice, Jazak Allahu Khayran
Tiktok is haram, but Shirk is way greater, it’s the biggest sin in Islam
aafak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
قُلْ أَرَأَيْتُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ لَكُم مِّن رِّزْقٍ فَجَعَلْتُم مِّنْهُ حَرَامًا وَحَلَالًا قُلْ آللَّهُ أَذِنَ لَكُمْ ۖ أَمْ عَلَى اللَّهِ تَفْتَرُونَ

Ask ˹the pagans, O Prophet˺, “Have you seen that which Allah has sent down for you as a provision, of which you have made some lawful and some unlawful?”1 Say, “Has Allah given you authorization, or are you fabricating lies against Allah?”
— Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran

You can’t decide what’s halal and what’s haram just like that
Mr.Nameless
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aafak)
قُلْ أَرَأَيْتُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ لَكُم مِّن رِّزْقٍ فَجَعَلْتُم مِّنْهُ حَرَامًا وَحَلَالًا قُلْ آللَّهُ أَذِنَ لَكُمْ ۖ أَمْ عَلَى اللَّهِ تَفْتَرُونَ

Ask ˹the pagans, O Prophet˺, “Have you seen that which Allah has sent down for you as a provision, of which you have made some lawful and some unlawful?”1 Say, “Has Allah given you authorization, or are you fabricating lies against Allah?”

A more clear and evident aayah.

(وَلَا تَقُولُوا۟ لِمَا تَصِفُ أَلۡسِنَتُكُمُ ٱلۡكَذِبَ هَـٰذَا حَلَـٰلࣱ وَهَـٰذَا حَرَامࣱ لِّتَفۡتَرُوا۟ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ ٱلۡكَذِبَۚ إِنَّ ٱلَّذِینَ یَفۡتَرُونَ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ ٱلۡكَذِبَ لَا یُفۡلِحُونَ)
[Surah An-Nahl 116]

Dr. Mustafa Khattab

Do not falsely declare with your tongues, “This is lawful, and that is unlawful,” ˹only˺ fabricating lies against Allah. Indeed, those who fabricate lies against Allah will never succeed.
Cıllıan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aafak)

If you're talking about Tiktok then yes it can be haraam for multiple reasons. It's all down to how you use it, if you look at haraam then of course you'll get the sins. If you're able to use it for good for example gaining knowledge, then you'll get the reward. But obviously as you said the app itself is not haraam until proven otherwise
dottyg
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Is the blue symbol a turkish thing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.64%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (25)
8.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.97%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.82%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.23%

Watched Threads